Chapter 31: The Only Way

Lauren's POV:

"Oh my God, Camila..." I breathe against her eager lips. Her skillful hands move up and down my sides making my back arch gently against her body. We haven't had this kind of intimacy in forever, and I have to admit I missed having her all to myself. I hate the circumstances though, just thinking about the fact that possibly Fifth Harmony will be done for good tomorrow makes me feel sick. But at least I know Camila has my back, and we can try to enjoy our last night together. "I love you." She says softly between kisses and starts unbuttoning my shorts. I wish I could tell her how much I love her too, but my heavy breathing makes my words inaudible. She starts leaving a trail of kisses down my jawline and neck before reaching my collarbone. At this point I have lost myself completely in her affection. She manages to take off my bra in one skillful movement, and puts her hands around the sensitive area she just uncovered. The first moan escapes my trembling lips and a grin appears on Camila's face while she bites her own. She throws her shirt away before she moves back to my mouth again, kissing me with such passion and affection I can barely breathe. I have been in love with her since the moment I first laid eyes on her beautiful self, and imagining my life without her is actually the hardest thing to do, but its a possibility and it scares me to death. I have never been so close to someone, she really is everything I need in my life and I can't lose her. Being at the top of this isolated hill alone with her feels so surreal. It feels like we're in a movie or something, but this is actually happening. She's here, we're here. I take off her bra as well before she starts sucking on my collarbone, slowly making her way down my stomach. My hands end up completely tangled up on her dark locks while her tongue reaches my hip bone. My breathing starts to get heavier and she hasn't even gotten to the best part yet. But it only takes her a couple of teasing minutes before she slips off my shorts and underwear, leaving my completely naked for the first time in forever. Her hand gets dangerously close to my center before she moves it back up to cup my face. "Should I?" She whispers nibbling my ear and I can barely nod as I feel her hot breath against my neck. Her hand wanders down my body again before it finds its way between my thighs. I bite my lip trying to hold back the amount of pleasure she's giving me, but I fail miserably after just a couple of minutes. As if I wasn't already out of breath, Camila connects our lips again giving me no oxygen whatsoever after she's done. I pull away, roll her on her back and try to take off her shorts as well, but she stops me. "You don't have to, just kiss me." She says softly and pulls me closer to her again. I do as she says and trap her bottom lip between mine. She softly caresses my cheek as I relax and lay next to her, without ever disconnecting our lips. Suddenly she sighs deeply making me face her. A single tear runs down her cheek and I hug her as tight as I can. "Hey babe, what's wrong?" I whisper softly and kiss her hair. "I don't want to lose you." She answers and I feel more teardrops on my still naked shoulder. "You are not going to lose me Camila, I love you more than life itself and it doesn't matter what the damn future holds for us, you will never lose me." I tell her holding her face and softly kiss her trembling lips. "I love you so much, you really have no idea." I add before planting one more quick kiss and hugging her petite body. I wish I could be as convinced and certain about things as I tried to sound. Truth be told, I know things are going to change drastically after our meeting tomorrow. I know it won't be easy to start a new life, but I really don't want Camila to ever think I'm going to leave her. There's no way in fucking hell she'll lose me, and of that I'm sure. After a while embracing her, I feel Camila's body relaxing in my arms and take a deep breath. "We should probably get going back to the apartment, it's getting late." I say grabbing my clothes. Camila does the same, and when we're fully clothed I start walking back to our car, but Camila grabs my wrist and stops me. "Wait." She says pulling me closer to her. "I need you to promise me something." She adds intertwining our fingers. "Anything." I answer with a weak smile. "We'll always remember how happy we are right now, not matter what and even when we're old and grumpy." She says staring deeply into my eyes. "Of course I'll remember, and I'm certain you'll be by my side when we're old and grumpy Camz, so you'll remind me when I don't, promise me that." I say resting my forehead against hers. "I promise." She says and pecks my lips. Holding her hand, we make our way back to my car and drive in silence to our apartment. "I'll see you in the morning." She whispers when we get to our bedroom doors. "Are you seriously not sleeping in my room tonight? Now you want to follow the rules?" I say lifting an eyebrow, and she giggles softly. "You know I've never been much of a rebel." She says grinning and I grab her waist pulling her closer to me. "But would you be willing to break the rules again? For me?" I whisper against her lips and give her the most sensual kiss I can. "Fuck the rules." She says smiling and follows me to my room, where we spend our last night together before the storm.

Camila's POV:

"American girl group Fifth Harmony officially announces their break up. Ex-member Normani Kordei Hamilton is still missing." The reporter says and I just turn off the TV. "You should really stop watching the news, its the only thing you've done since you came back home." My mom says sitting next to me on the couch. "I know, its just really hard to process." I answer sighing. I guess I always knew this was going to happen if Simon found out about the texts, but a part of me had the hope things would work out, we would remain together and go on our new album tour. "Have you thought about what we talked yesterday?" She asks me very softly. "No mom, I still don't know what the heck I'm doing with my life." I answer burying my face on a pillow. I mean, I know going back to high school is clearly not an option. Maybe home school wouldn't be that horrible, and I saw some rumors on Twitter about interested producers, so I can go either way. But the truth is I just want things to go back to the way they were. "Okay, I have to go out. Will you be alright?" She asks me with a sympathetic smile. "Yeah, I'll be fine." I answer while she walks towards the front door. "Oh Lauren, hi! I didn't know you were coming over." I suddenly hear her say and run to the door. "Yeah, I'm sorry, I just wanted to stop by and say hello." She starts telling my mom and immediately smiles when she sees me. "Hey you." She adds making my grin big time. "Hi!" I answer and wink at her. "Well I was actually on my way out, but Camila give Lauren something to eat and I'll be back later with some pizza." My mom announces and closes the door behind her. "I didn't know you were coming over either." I say walking closer to her. "Well, surprise." She says biting her lip. "We're home alone, come her." I tell her cupping her face and give her a passionate kiss on her lips. "Are you hungry?" I ask softly pulling apart. Lauren shakes her head smiling and connects our lips once more. Things haven't been exactly easy since the group broke up, but thank God we're okay. After I while we snuggle together on my couch and I start playing with her soft hair. "So have you heard from Normani?" She asks me staring into my eyes with her deep emerald orbs. "Nope, not since before the final meeting." I answer sighing. Ally went back to San Antonio and Dinah stayed in L.A., and we have kept in touch, but Normani disappeared and no one has heard from her. "I talked to my dad and he helped me fill all of these college applications today." She suddenly says changing the subject. "You're really serious about going to college, aren't you?" I ask with a sigh. "Yeah, of course. I mean, what else could I do?" She says biting her lip. "I don't know, I still don't know what I'm doing." I answer resting my hand on her thigh. I guess I just have to accept the fact that Lauren will probably leave to college real soon and I won't be able to see her as much as I want to even though it breaks my heart. "You'll find your way, I'm sure." She says smiling and pecks my cheek. "That's easy for you to say, you already finished high school. I still have one more year to go before I can go to college with you." I tell her forcing a smile. "Maybe I can wait a year and we can go together, I mean I haven't even sent the applications yet, and they have to accept me in order to get into one." She proposes playing with my fingers. "What? No, no way! You'll go to college this year with your friends and we'll just have to try to work things out." I tell her and she sets her eyes on mine. "I don't want to be away from you." She says sincerely making my blush. "Me neither, but we're going to be okay. We're going to be more than okay actually." I tell her and give her a quick kiss. I wish I could be as convinced and certain about our future as I want her to think I am, because in reality, we both know there's a huge possibility we won't be okay.