Chapter 29: Spill It

Camila's POV:

That's it, I'm done protecting these assholes, I'm done being afraid, I'm done hiding around. I follow the policeman to an empty room and sit in front of him convinced of telling him the truth about Normani, Austin and Cole. "So, Camila, how've you been doing?" He asks taking out a note pad and a pen. "I'm okay officer... Edelman." I say reading the name tag in his blue shirt and my jaw drops. "Do you happen to know Cole Edelman?" I ask trying to sound as casual as possible, when my heart is actually beating out of my chest. "Yeah, he's my brother. He actually asked me if I could take this case." He answers flashing a smile. "Oh, okay, cool." I say softly. Fuck, that little piece if shit has it all figured out, but we can't let him get away with it, not anymore. "Can you please tell me about the day you were assaulted? I think it was June..." "27th." I cut him off and he looks at me surprised. "Wow, you know your dates, don't you?" He asks me chuckling. "It was my best friend's birthday, of course I remember." I say proudly. "Well, between us two, my bro was dating your best friend and he almost forgot to buy her a present." He says with a smirk. "Classy." I answer softly and stare somewhere else. "Yeah, but he's a really good guy, it sucks that Lauren and him broke up." Officer Edelman adds sighing. "Tragic, isn't it?" I answer ironically. "Someone's jealous... You and Lauren were a thing right?" He asks and I feel my cheeks blushing. "Oh, come on, don't play dumb, I know you saw the sex tape." I answer and now he's the one blushing. "But you're not here to talk to me about that." I add and he nods shyly. "What happened that night Camila?" He asks seriously. I bite my lip and consider my answer for a couple of seconds. If I tell the truth there's no going back, the group will split up. But its dangerous if we continue living with these people, even if I'm going back to Miami anyways soon. But Lauren wants to talk to Simon and tell him the truth, and that would mean that she's going back to Miami and I could never be without her, I'd leave as well. We're not working anymore, one of our bandmates is a psychopath and we just can't carry on living this lie of the perfect girl band. "Umm well I don't think you'll be pleased to hear this actually." I say softly and he looks at me intently. "What does that mean?" Cole's brother asks me. "Well you know your brother was here that night." I start saying taking a deep breath. This will indeed change everything, and there's no going back now.

Lauren's POV:

"Why is Camila always the one in trouble? She's supposed to be the innocent one." Dinah says giggling softly. "You know what they say, a lady in the streets, a freak in the sheets." Normani says smiling smugly at me. "That has nothing to do with anything dude." I say holding back my anger. "Chill, all I was saying is that sometimes the most innocent looking are actually the ones we actually should fear." She adds and smirks lifting an eyebrow. "You two need to stop fighting right now or you'll end up breaking us up." Ally says and I nod softly. That wouldn't be the most horrible thing considering I'm leaving the band anyways after I talk to Simon tomorrow and I wouldn't want to leave Camila alone with Normani after everything that has happened. Maybe we can both go back to Miami and live a normal life for a change. "Anyway, going back to what I wanted to say before your little cat fight, do you think Camila remembers anything about that night?" Dinah asks focussing her attention on me. She clearly knows there's something between Camz and me, she has always known. "She does, and she will tell the officer everything she knows." I state giving Normani a daring glare. "Oh really, and what's that?" She says biting her lip. "I don't know, I just know its a pretty big deal." I answer grinning softly. I mean, I hope she doesn't chicken up and finally asks for help because we clearly need some. "I need to go... I'll be right back." Normani says nervously and walks out of the apartment. Ally goes to her room and when Dinah and I are alone she sits on the couch next to me. "What the hell is going on Lauren?" She asks me worriedly. "I'm sorry we couldn't tell you DJ, its just really complicated." I answer vaguely. "Come on Lo, I know you and Camila are together again." She says almost whispering. I look at her biting my lip nervously. "How did you know?" I ask her sighing and she smiles softly. "Have you seen the way that girl looks at you? Every time you're around her eyes sparkle and she smiles all the time, she looks genuinely happy and she only looks that way when she's with you." Dinah says almost bringing me to tears. "I don't know what to say." I answer trying not to start crying like a baby. "And you look pretty damn happy too Lauren, and I love seeing you like this." She adds rubbing my shoulder. "Thanks Dinah." I say softly and hug her. "So are you going to tell me what's going on or do I have to keep guessing?" She says as soon as we pull apart. "Yeah, but I don't think you're going to like what you're about to hear." I say gulping.

Camila's POV:

That was intense. But it was also kind if nice to finally talk to someone other than Lauren about everything that was going on. Of course he seemed shocked, I just told him his little brother has been lying to all of us for a pretty long time. He said he will talk to Simon and tell him about Normani and Austin being involved in this too, and I really have no idea what's going to happen to Fifth Harmony after this. We have a meeting with Simon tomorrow morning and I guess we'll figure out everything then. As soon as I walk out of my room I see Lauren and Dinah whispering something. I clear my throat loudly and they both jump in surprise. "Oh my God Camz! How did it go? Did you tell him?" Lauren asks me putting her arms around my body. "Yeah, and he'll talk to Simon today." I answer rubbing her cheek with my thumb softly, and then I realize Dinah is actually in front of us and she can't know about our relationship. "Please don't freak out, but I told Dinah everything too." Lauren says softly. "What do you mean everything?" I ask surprised, I thought we had agreed to keep this between us. "Everything." Lauren repeats and Dinah giggles from the couch. "I already knew most of it anyways, you're a horrible liar." She says grinning. "So the secret's finally out." I say relieved. "Yeah, I guess it is." She answers with a soft smile on her face. "And tomorrow we have a meeting with Uncle Simon to decide what's going to happen with Fifth Harmony because I seriously have no clue if we'll be able to make this work." I say sighing. "Everything will be okay, we'll make this work babe. But tomorrow's not here yet and I want to take you somewhere tonight, lets go." Lauren says smiling smugly and holds my hand. "Where are we going?" I ask giggling as she drags me to the front door. I really like where this is going, we haven't really had much time on our own lately. "I wanna take you were you've never been before." Lauren sings softly in my ear as we walk into the elevator and traps my lips between hers as soon as the doors close. Everything will change tomorrow, there's no doubt about that. So we might as well make the most of our last night before our futures are determined.