Chapter 10: Flashbacks

Camila's POV:

***Two years ago***

It was another Friday night I planned to spend on Tumblr. I wasn't a big party girl and I felt safe between the four walls of my room. I didn't mind being such an outsider, in fact I kind of liked it, but my mom constantly reminded me I was already fifteen and I would have to leave my house and socialize eventually. I didn't really get the point of spending my night in a place full of drunk strangers who have no interest in getting to know me, but my mom was probably right. That night I was just laying on my bed going down my dashboard when I heard my mom's voice. "Camila! Marielle is here to see you!" She yelled from the kitchen and I was happy to see one of my closest friends. She wasn't keen on big parties either and we could just spend the night watching a movie or something. "Hey Kaks, what's up?" She said sitting on my bed. "You know, the usual. Harry doesn't want our relationship to go public yet, but I respect his decision." I said giggling and she rolled her eyes. "So I found this new movie, I think you'll like it." I started saying but she interrupted me. "I have a better idea. My cousin invited us to this party and everyone will be there." She said excitedly. "Who's everyone?" I asked her a little skeptical. "It's in the house of some dumb chick from Carrollton, but her parents are out of town so its going to be pretty insane." She said with a huge smile on her face. "Do we even know who she is? I'm not about to crash some random girl's house." I answered and Marielle chuckled. "Its okay, its going to be huge and no one is formally invited anyway. Her name is Lauren something, her last name was weird." She added. "I don't know, I don't really like big parties." I told her frowning. "Come on, its going to be fun! Be a freaking teenager for once in your life! Maybe you'll even meet this cute blogger guy who loves to read and listens to The XX." She said poking my arm with her elbow. The funny thing is I did in fact meet a cute blogger who reads and listens to The XX, it just wasn't a guy. But I haven't gotten to that part yet. "Alright, alright, I'll go with you. But if its totally lame we'll leave, okay?" I said putting my laptop away. "Awesome! Get ready and I'll pick you up in like an hour." Marielle said running excitedly out of my room.

I didn't even know what to wear, I had never been to a party like this before and I was nervous as hell to say the least. Specially considering the fact that private school kids were stuck up and annoying as fuck. But most people my age enjoyed parties, why wouldn't I? I took a short shower and went to my closet hoping to find some decent clothes. What do people wear to this kind of things anyway? I had only seen this kind of parties in movies. I ended up putting on a pair of black skinny jeans, my Converse and a white crop top that showed a little bit of skin. I let my wavy hair down before putting on one of my signature bows in front of my bathroom mirror. Only then I realized I had never really done my makeup myself, so I decided to just put on some eyeliner, mascara, pink lip stick, done. And I didn't look nearly as horrible as I thought I would. Since it didn't take me too long to get ready I had some time to go on Tumblr before Marielle and her cousin came to pick me out. I decided I had to do some research about this Lauren girl just to make sure she's not a psychotic killer, but since I didn't know her last name I couldn't find her anywhere, and Marielle was already outside my house before I could use my stalker abilities to find her. I put on some perfume, grabbed my phone and said goodbye to my mom. "Take care, okay? And have fun!" She said kissing my cheek. "Bye mom, I'll come home early." I assured her before closing the front door behind me. Of course at that time I didn't know I would actually end up getting home at 5:30 am, but I haven't gotten to that part either.

I sat on the back of Marielle's cousin, Jeremy's car. "Hey, I'm so happy you're coming with us!" She squealed excitedly. "Yeah, so am I!" I answered trying to hide my obvious nervousness. "Well you look hot!" She added making me blush. "Thank you! So do you know this girl?" I asked Jeremy as he started driving us to the wealthiest part of Miami. "Lauren? Yeah, I went to baseball camp with her boyfriend Paul, he's a chill dude. And she's, ufff, amazingly hot." He said chuckling as Marielle slapped his arm. "Apparently her parents are in Europe and she has the house to herself, so expect a lot of alcohol and sex ladies." He added and Marielle slapped his arm once more. "Jer stop it! You're gross!" She said rolling her eyes. "I'm just warning you, try to stay our of trouble, guys are going to be all over you girls." He said looking at me through the rearview mirror. "We'll be fine, its just a bunch of stuck up boys. We can handle them." I assured him with a grin. But in reality, deep inside, I was so scared! I had never been with a group of drunk people, I had never even had a drink myself, so this was all new to me. After driving for about twenty minutes, in which I could barely breathe, Jeremy parked in front of a huge house with at least a hundred cars parked around it. "Wow this is..." I started saying with my eyes wide open. "Welcome to the Jauregui's place ladies." Jeremy finished my sentence getting out of his car and we did the same. "This place is huge!" Marielle said in awe as we approached the wooden front door. Jeremy knocked a few times until a tall cute guy opened the door. "My man! How are you?" The guy said hugging Jeremy. "Hey Paul, this is my cousin Marielle and her friend Camila." Jeremy said introducing us. "Its nice to meet you girls, please come in." He said with his beautiful eyes set on me. "So where's Lauren?" Jeremy asked as Paul followed us to the kitchen. "Who knows man? Probably getting high with Alexa and Vero somewhere. The last time I saw her she was pretty hammered." He answered handing me a beer. "Umm no thanks." I said softly and a grin formed in his mouth. "Don't you drink, Camila?" Paul asked me. "Umm I mean yeah but I'm not thirsty." I said and looking back that was probably one of the most embarrassing things I've said. Jeremy and Marielle accepted the cold beverage, but I still felt Paul's eyes set on me. "Anyways I should probably find Lauren before she dies from alcohol poisoning." He said chuckling. "It was nice to meet you. I'll be around if you change your mind about that beer." Paul added winking at me and then walked out of the kitchen. "Is it just me or was he flirting with me?" I asked my friends as soon as we're alone again. "Yeah, that's Paul. He flirts with everyone and Lauren is most of the times too drunk to care." Jeremy answered my doubt. "Well sucks to be her." I added biting my lip. For some reason I really wanted to meet the apparently stunning girl. Her boyfriend seemed like an ass, so she probably was just an airhead bitch who put up with his shit because she did worse. I tended to do that all the time, over analyze people and find their flaws just to feel better about myself. Being the insecure fifteen year old girl that I was, the fact that other people weren't perfect either was the only thing that kept me from hating myself too much. But that night I realized Lauren Jauregui was indeed perfect.