Chapter 13: Discoveries

Lauren's POV:

Oh my God, he sleeps like a freaking bear. I run my fingers gently down his bare chest and after a while a soft smile forms on his face. "Morning." I whisper and plant a quick kiss on his lips. "Hey gorgeous, how did you sleep?" He asks opening his beautiful eyes. "Great! Your bed is very comfy." I say giggling. "Well, sleeping next to you is very comfy too." He answers with a smirk. "Thanks I guess." I say blushing and he kisses my cheek softly. "Last night was amazing babe, thank you." He whispers in my ear sending shivers down my naked back. It had been amazing, and that was exactly what I needed to start my "post-Camila" recovery. I decided yesterday was the last time I tried to win her back. She clearly doesn't want me and I was stupid enough to confess my feelings once more. She didn't have to be so rude though, but she must've had a lot going on and she had been drinking way too much. "Hey I have to go home before the girls notice I didn't sleep at home last night." I add laying my head on his chest. "Aww really? You're not staying for breakfast?" He answers pouting. "I wish I could baby, you know that." I say as he runs his fingers through my messy hair. "Alright, I'll take a shower and I'll drive you." Cole says pecking my lips and then he gets out of bed. I grab my clothes from the floor and start getting changed too. "Hey babe, can I use your phone for a second? I can't believe I lost mine." I say remembering how stupid and careless I was last night for just leaving in at the bar, I guess my mind was somewhere else. "No!" He answers quickly getting out of the bathroom and running towards me. "Okay, chill. Why not?" I say picking it up from his nightstand. "Lauren give me my phone." He says walking closer. "Why are you acting weird?" I say with the device tightly grasped in my hand. "I am not acting weird, I just want my damn phone back." He answers nervously. He's not being aggressive, he just looks really nervous. "Okay, here." I say giving it back to him. "I have a surprise I can't let you see, okay? You'll find our about it eventually." He says softer now and pecks my lips. "Okay, but hurry up! I really need to be home in like twenty minutes." I tell him putting on my heels. "Okay, I'll be right back." He says smiling and closes the bathroom door. He has a surprised planned for me, that's so cute! I bet it has something to do with my birthday party in three freaking days! I'm going to be an adult and I'm so excited! Earlier this month I really didn't want a party, but now things are different. I'm not depressed and anxious anymore, I'm finally allowing myself be to happy for once and it's really paying off. My mood is so much better, and last night's horrible scene only made me realize my relationship with Camila is poison, and that's not something I want in my life.

"How the hell did you lose your phone anyway?" Cole asks as he drives me back home. "I came back from the bathroom, I asked you where Camila and Austin were and then I stupidly left it on the bar. When we came back from dancing it was already gone. I don't know, I had a lot in my mind after the performance." I answer putting my hand on his leg. "But last night was great, thank you for lending me your bed." I add with a smile and he laughs softly. "I could've lent you my shower too, but you didn't want to join me." He says smirking. "Maybe next time." I answer giggling. "So what's up with the surprise? I'm excited!" I add poking his arm with my elbow. "Well you should be, but I'm not giving you any hints or anything, I want this to be perfect." He answers with a huge smile. He's amazing, he really is. And I can't believe I had spent so much time chasing someone who doesn't even like me instead of letting Cole all the way into my life. But I'm finally getting over the brow eyed girl who has been the only thing on my mind for the last year, and I've never felt so free to be honest. I know she always told me I had this power over her, but its the other way around too. She was the only thing I could think about. I would've given my fucking career and my family for her because I thought I would never find happiness away from her side. But I was completely wrong and we are definitely not meant to be. We're too different, our personalities clash and I don't think we could've ever worked out on a long term. I can't deny it was an extraordinary first relationship, but I was too immature and naive to realize she's not the one. No one marries their first love, and things weren't going to be any different with us. I'm not against the idea of us being friends though, I really do like her as a person and she has been there for me when no one else has. And right now I don't see any kind of romantic connection between us, so if she wants to be my friend then I'm totally in. I'm already in a fight with Normani, and i don't need more enemies. Besides our friendship was fucking awesome and I wouldn't mind having that back. But there's no way in hell I'm dating her again, ever.