Chapter 32: Take It (Part 1)

Lauren's POV:

"You know what? I'm done. Fuck you Lauren, get out of my room." Camila says almost pushing me towards the door. "Make me." I say standing as still as I can and staring deeply into her eyes. "You're drunk, please leave!" She pleads again, but I don't move. "Lauren I'm being completely serious. Get the hell out of my room or we're over."

************ 18 hours earlier ************

Camila's POV:

Waking up in Miami still feels surreal. I have been home for a week now and I still can't believe Fifth Harmony is over. And Normani is still missing, which really scares the hell out of me. What if something happened to her? Its just so weird of her to just disappear. I turn around to find my phone on my night stand and my thoughts switch completely once I read the text I had gotten.

From: Lauren<3

Heyy babe, good morning! What are we doing today? I miss you!

I grin inevitably, knowing Lauren is still close to me makes everything so much bearable. Even if my life is pretty much uncertain right now, thinking about her beautiful green eyes makes me so much calmer about everything.

To: Lauren<3

Heyy, I just woke up:) we can have lunch somewhere or something, what are you up to?

From: Lauren<3

I'm home alone, come over!;)

To: Lauren<3

I gotta take a shower, be there in 20;)

From: Lauren<3

I have showers in my house too...

To: Lauren<3

What's that supposed to mean Jauregui? Are you flirting with me?

From: Lauren<3

Maybe... Just come over, I'm bored;)

To: Lauren<3

Patience baby, patience;)

I put my phone down and pick out some clothes to go over to Lauren's place. I wasn't going to give in that easily, besides I'm a mess and I want to look presentable to see her. I jump in the shower and try to take as little time as possible because to be honest I still get anxious before seeing her. Putting on some jean shorts, a white shirt and my black Converse, I make my way downstairs and meet my mom in the kitchen. "Morning!" I say hurriedly and kiss her on the cheek. "Hey why are you in such a rush?" She asks grabbing my wrist. "I have to go to..." I start stuttering, but she interrupts me. "There's something I need to talk to you about Camila, sit down." She says walking towards the kitchen table. "Is everything okay? Who died?" I ask when I realize how serious she looks. "No one, its not about that. I got a call from a producer this morning who's really interested in working with you as a solo artist." She says and my jaw drops. "What? Are you serious?" I ask trying to wrap my head around everything that's going on. "You don't have to answer right away, going back to school and living a normal life is a possibility too, but its completely up to you." She says holding my hand over the table. "I can't do this right now, I have to go." I say still shocked and walk out of my house. What am I supposed to do? I mean, working as an artist with other girls is really fun, but being out there on my own scares the hell out of me. I don't think I would be able to handle the pressure and touring alone must be horrible and I just can't leave Lauren. We need to have a serious conversation about this. After walking for what seems like forever, because Lauren's house isn't as close as I thought it is, I knock on her door catching my breath. "Hey!" She says excitedly when she opens the front door of her huge house. "Hey." I answer smiling softly and wrap my arms around her neck. She pulls apart after a couple of seconds and kisses my lips. "Is everything okay?" She asks suddenly kinking an eyebrow. Its amazing how easily she can read me. "Yeah, I mean I think so." I say trying to force a smile. "Come here." She says holding my hand and walks over to the living room couch. "What's on your mind babe?" Lauren asks scooting closer to me and rests her hand on my knee. "My mom got a call from a producer this morning and he said he's interested in working with me." I blurt out staring into her emerald eyes. "Wow that's really cool, are you going to take it?" She asks with a sad smile. "I don't know, I was hoping you could help me." I say putting my hand on top of hers. "Do whatever makes you the happiest. I know you're extremely passionate about music baby and you're amazing at it. If you think you'll be happy with a solo career then please don't look back and go for it." She encourages me. "Its not that easy, I mean, being on tour with you was fun, but I don't think I would be able to make it on my own. And I don't want to leave you either." I say sincerely and rest my head on her shoulder. "Everything's going to be okay Camz, whatever you end up doing, we're going to be fine. I promise!" She says running her fingers through my hair and pecks my lips softly. "Thanks Lauren, I love you." I say almost whispering. "I love you too." She answers and kisses my lips once again. As much as I know she wanted to help me make up my mind, I'm still pretty much just as confused. Maybe I should just take this opportunity. Music is my life and walking away from something like this seems really stupid. But on the other hand I'm so scared to take that step. Lauren puts her arm around me and I snuggle up against her warm body. "Why are you alone anyways? Where's your family?" I ask and hear her giggle. "Chris and Taylor are at school and my parents are working. We're the only ones who have days like these off." She says and plants a kiss on my hair. "Well I'm not really complaining if it means I get to spend all day with you." I answer with a smile. We watch TV for a while when I suddenly feel her hand sliding down my thigh. She presses her lips against my neck sensually and I can't help but gasp softly. "I missed you." She whispers softly on my ear. "I missed you too." I answer biting my lip. In one swift movement she manages to get on top of me and traps my bottom lip between hers. I wasn't really expecting that, but I kiss her back just as passionately. She parts her lips letting me explore her mouth with my eager tongue. Suddenly we hear the door knob moving and she quickly pulls away. "Shit." Lauren mumbles fixing her hair and sits on the other couch. "Lolo Bean, I'm home!" Mike, Lauren's dad, says opening the front door. I try to regain my composure as fast as I can to greet the older man. "Hey dad, what are you doing here?" Lauren asks casually. "I got out of work earlier. Hey Camila, I didn't know you were here." He says as soon as he sees me and gives me a quick hug. "Yeah, I didn't want to be alone." Lauren explains with a charming smile and I nod. "Well I'm sorry to ruin your fun, but I was hoping I could take you to the University of Florida today so you could take a look around campus, that's why I got out of work early." He tells her daughter. "I'm going to go home then, my mom is actually waiting for me." I excuse myself and walk to the door. "I'll call you later Camz." Lauren yells from the living room and I just walk out of the Jaureguis' house. All of this time I hadn't really took into consideration the fact that Lauren really wants to go to college. We won't be able to spend a lot of time around each other anyways, so why not take the producer's offer? But college isn't really that far away from my house. Its not like she's going away to another state or something, I would still get to see her every once in a while. I'm extremely confused right now, and I don't know if there's a right choice to make.

Lauren's POV:

"Go Gators man, that was a great game." My dad says as we walk out of the football stadium of the University of Florida. I've never been a football fan myself, but dad wanted me to check out campus. "So what do you think? Pretty cool, huh?" He says excitedly. "Yeah, its amazing." I answer faking a smile. "But I don't know dad, this isn't my first choice." I add and see an instant frown on his face. "What do you mean? This is perfect! Alexa is here and you'd be really close to your mom, and your siblings and I." He complains and stops walking. "I know, and that's awesome, but you know I have always wanted to go to NYU and that's still my plan." I tell him and he crosses his arms over his chest. To be honest, I was planning on going to UF because Camila is living in Miami and we would get to go to college together a year from now, but after she told me about the producer's offer everything changed. NYU has always been my dream, I have always wanted to live in New York and going to college there seems like a good start. I had decided to forget about that and stay close my family and my girlfriend, but I don't know if that's the wisest choice anymore. She's going to be away all the time anyway and probably will have to move back to L.A, so staying in Florida makes no sense at all. "Come on Lauren, your mother and I came to this school, all of your friends are here and... Camila is living here too." He says staring deeply at me. "Don't make this about her, we're not even together anymore and you know that." I say trying to hold back my anger. I don't even know why it bothered me so much, but it did. I guess everything becomes real someone else says what I've been trying to deny, Camila and I will have to part ways eventually. "Its not about that, but please realize you whole world is here baby." He says putting his arm around me. Suddenly I feel someone hugging me from behind. "Lauren Michelle Jauregui what are you doing here?" Alexa says excitedly and hugs me again. "Hey! Dad was just showing me around campus." I explain with a smile. I hadn't seen one of my best friends in a really long time and I can't deny I'm really happy to see her. "Oh my God does that mean you're coming here too? That's amazing, you have no idea how much I miss you!" She says jumping around. "Actually..." "We're considering it." My dad interrupts me with a smile and I nod softly. "You need to come to this party tonight, its going to be insane!" Alexa says squealing. "I'm going to let you ladies catch up, I can pick you up after the party. Please think about what we discussed before, okay? I love you." He says and kisses my cheek before leaving me alone with my friend. "Lets go to my dorm. You need to tell me everything Lo, what the hell happened with the band?" She asks me and starts walking. "I'll tell you everything, but I need to make a call first, just a second." I say with a smile and she lifts an eyebrow. "Are you and Camila together again?" She asks and my eyes widen. There's no point in lying to her, she has known me for eighteen years. "How did you know?" I ask laughing nervously. "You have that stupid look on your face again." She says smirking. "Am I really that easy to read?" I complain and she laughs. "Just call her quickly and invite her to the party tonight if you want to, but hurry up, I want to hear everything!" She says and I nod. "Thanks Alexa, just give me a minute." I excuse myself and dial Camila's number. "Hey college girl, how are you?" I hear her lovely voice. "Hey babe, how would you feel about coming to a college party tonight? Alexa invited us." I ask her. "Sound good! I just want to see you really." She says truthfully and sighs. "Awesome, then I'll see you at like 10:00 pm?" I say and realize Alexa is impatiently waiting for me. "That's perfect, I just hope they don't kick me out considering I'm like four years old." She says chuckling. "You're not! Look I have to go, but I'll see you later, I love you!" I say and join my friend. "I love you too." I hear Camila's voice one last time before hanging up. "Wow its worse than I thought, you're so in love with her dude, I've never seen you like this." Alexa says mockingly. "Shut up and lets go!" I say rolling my eyes and start walking towards her door room. A college party may be exactly what I need to make up my mind, or a great way to put my mind to rest for a while.

----------------------------------------------------
Heyy guys, I'm so sorry I have been taking so much time to update, school sucks! But I'll post part 2 of this chapter tomorrow or maybe later today. Thanks for reading!
----------------------------------------------------