Chapter 21: Don't Let Me Down

Lauren's POV:

"Girly hurry up, its almost time!" Dinah says knocking rapidly on my door. I quickly put on my black high heels and straighten my tight red dress. This release party is one of the most important nights of our career, and even though my heart's bursting of happiness after Ingrid agreed to keep our secret, I still need to focus on our album. Its hard though, I have the image of Camila's smile stuck on my mind and she's the only thing I can think about. She looked so happy for a first time in a while, and I love seeing her like that. Her happiness makes me even happier. Sleeping with her on her room last night was really nice too, having her arms wrapped around my waist and waking up to the sound of her raspy voice are my favorite things in the world. But we really can't be stupid enough to get caught again, especially now that Ingrid is risking her job by helping us. If Simon finds out that she knew about us and didn't tell him, he would kill her. So we have to be really careful, because this time no one can know, not even the girls, who live with us and will probably tell if I suddenly start sleeping every night in Camila's bed.

Today the security guys came to install this new fancy alarm system to keep us safe from another home invasion or something. I'm still really scared after what happened to Camila. She could've been seriously injured if this person had hit her hard enough. And right now she doesn't really remember what happened, but her memory will come back soon and knowing who tried to hurt her could be a little overwhelming. But I need to know who this bastard is, hitting an innocent girl in the head and then just leaving her in her bed without letting anyone know isn't exactly a classy move.

Dinah knocks on my door once more and I finally get out of my room to get my hair and make up done before the party. As soon as I meet the other girls I see Camila and my heart starts to rush. She looks amazingly beautiful wearing a flowy white dress like the one she wore on our performance of Let it Be, and a white bow on top of her head. Her hair flows down her shoulders, and she smiles at me as soon as our eyes connect. "Hey, how are you feeling?" I ask her trying to hide my obvious infatuation. "I'm okay, thanks." She says softly and winks at me. "Are we going to stay here forever? We have a party to get to." Normani says annoyed and opens the front door. I hadn't seen her in a while, and it seems like she's still angry at me. I don't even remember why, but I don't really care as long as Camila's with me. We walk together to the van, and as much as I want to hold Camila's hand, I pretend we're just friends and sit away from her on the back of the van.

We drive in silence for a while and I can feel some tension in the air. Normani is clearly still really upset, and I should probably care, but I don't. My mind is somewhere else, in between Camila's injury and our secret relationship and the album, I have way too many things on my mind. Suddenly my phone buzzes.

From: Camz<3

I miss you:(... You look beautiful btw!

I look at her and she gives me a warm smile.

To: Camz<3

Aww thanks babe, you too! What are we doing tonight?

From: Camz<3

Umm wanna come to my room? We'll figure something out;)

I glance at her direction again and she has a huge smirk on her face.

To: Camz<3

I'm sure we will, but we have to be quite...

From: Camz<3

Sounds like a challenge, and I'm up for it;)

To: Camz<3

Are you sure? You know I'm pretty damn good!