Chapter 3: True Colors

Camila's POV:

I knock on her door three times, my heart beating out of my chest. "Just a second." I hear her husky voice and I realize I shouldn't be doing this, I won't be able to control myself, I'll end up saying or doing something stupid, I can't. So I start to walk away when her door opens. "Oh hey, its you." She says leaning on her doorframe. "Yeah, hi." I answer awkwardly. We look at each other for a couple of seconds, and its like we're still the same, like nothing really changed between us. "So what's up?" Lauren asks with a smile. "Umm nothing, why?" I answer staring at the floor. "Because you just knocked on my door." She tells me biting her bottom lip. "Oh, yeah, right." I say nervously and she giggles, she's so adorable. "Its just me Camz, what's going on?" She says walking closer to me. "I just wanted to know if you were okay, you seemed pretty upset." I say staring into her eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine, I just..." "Hey girls, what's going on here?" Ingrid's deep voice interrupts her. "We were just talking Ingrid, I'll put my hands behind my neck if that makes you feel better." Lauren says sarcastically making me laugh. "Keep it coming Lauren, I'm immune to your bitchiness." Ingrid says crossing her arms. "But you haven't seen the best of me yet, just ask Camila, she kind of knows me pretty well." Lauren says winking at me and I nod. "She's right, she can literally be the biggest bitch in the world, I don't know how I ever put up with her." I say grinning and Lauren slaps my arm. "Hey!" She complains and I giggle. "But she's right, I can be a real pain in the ass. You better run while you can." Lauren says with a sexy smirk. "I'm not going anywhere." She says lifting her eyebrows. "We'll see about that." Lauren answers and her hand brushes mine. "Anyway we were just talking Ingrid, nothing to worry about." I say with a smile trying to ease up the mood. "I have to take you to dance rehearsal girls, hurry up." Ingrid says picking the van keys. "Alright, we'll be there in a second." I say and Ingrid walks away. "So, you were saying, are you okay?" I ask when we are alone again. "I'm much better now." She answers with a smile and walks to her room. Her smile makes my heart melt, its the most beautiful thing in the world. "So, are you ready to go?" She asks after a while. I nod and start walking next to her, hoping that by chance our fingers end up intertwined, but that doesn't happen.

"So girls, I talked to Simon, and he wants to change some stuff with the choreography." Our choreographer says after we walk in the studio. Fuck, I hate learning new dance moves so much. "So at the end of Me and My Girls, Lauren you'll have to swap places with Normani, okay?" He says and walks to the stereo. "Wait, why?" Lauren asks confused. On the last chorus of the song we ended up standing next to each other to do the hand thingy and it was so cute. "I don't know, its not my choice, complain to Simon." He says and Lauren looks at me waiting for a reaction, but I don't say anything. "I'm so sick of this bullshit." She mumbles getting into her position. I should've said something, but for some reason I didn't. I think its ridiculous to be quite honest, Lauren obviously has no intention of getting back together and a silly dance move won't change that. She has been dating Cole for like two months and they seem happy. I mean, I remember how Lauren was the first couple of weeks we were apart, and she was a damn mess. Then she started going out with Cole and her mood changed completely, and even though it hurts to see her with someone else, it also makes me extremely happy to see her being herself again. But I have to admit, I spend most of my day thinking about her, wondering if I will ever get to kiss her lips again, and when I realize I probably never will I feel like shit, but somehow I find myself thinking about her again. And that's how I've been living for the past three months, but at least its looks like Lauren is happy, and that should make me happy too.

Lauren's POV:

Why didn't she back me up? Dude, its like she doesn't even care about this bullshit Simon's doing to keep us apart. I think its stupid, come on! Yeah, we were together, but that doesn't mean we can't stay away from each other, we don't need a fucking baby sitter or a new choreography or anything, we're not animals. I'm so pissed right now, and that's kind of becoming a disgusting habit, being pissed I mean. And I don't even want to think about my birthday, I'm not in the mood for any sort of celebration. It just makes me depressed to think about spending it away from my family and friends, even though most people at home hate me after the videos went public. The small minded people of the high class society of Miami ladies and gentlemen. Fuck, why am I so bitter lately? I'm just tired I guess, and lonely. Don't get me wrong, Cole is amazing, he's super sweet and caring, but he doesn't complete me, do you know what I mean? Maybe I haven't gotten to know him enough yet, but I want to, I want to be able to find a new soulmate, though that defeats the whole purpose of a soulmate. What if I never find anyone who makes me feel what I felt when I was with Camila? What if never laugh or love like I did when we were together? I'm pretty sure our connection was unique, I don't know if you get to experience something like that twice in your life. Anyway, back to my original point, I just wanted her to say something about this Simon nonsense, but she didn't do anything and that sucks. I mean, I thought we were kind of friends again, but she clearly still has no interest in forgiving me. Maybe we shouldn't be friends, I don't know if I'd be able to just be her friend. But at the same time I need my best friend back, its been too long since we've had a real conversation that didn't involve screaming or Ingrid's presence.

After dance practice we went back to our apartment and I just went straight to my room. I've been listening to music for a while and I finally feel happy and calm again. Now that I think about it we haven't gotten any other mysterious texts since the videos were released. I thought this person would brag about his victory, but he didn't, he just disappeared. At least that's what I think, maybe he's still harassing Camila and I have no idea. I thought I would feel relieved after this whole drama was over, but I don't. I miss my old life with everything I've got. Everything was easier, I felt safer, I felt loved. Suddenly my phone buzzes on my bed.

From: Cole Edelman

Heyy cutie! What are you wearing? I miss you<33

Ugh I'm so not in the mood for this shit. Its like everything is about sex with him, and it shouldn't be like that. We don't have that deep soul connection, and we seldom have meaningful conversations. Its just amazing sex. I'm not going to complain about that, it wouldn't be fair, but sometimes I wish we were something more than just that. And as easy as that my mind drifts back to Camila. With her its was more than just a physical thing, she knew every little thing about me, she made me laugh and smile and it just felt right.

To: Cole Edelman

Sorry babe, I'm busy, I'll text you as soon as I can!

I know, I know, I shouldn't lie to him, I should just tell him how I feel. But there's no time for explaining, I just want to go back to my music and relax. But that's not possible either because I knock on my door interrupts my happiness again. "Come in!" I yell fixing my messy hair. "Hey Lo, can we talk?" Normani says walking into my room. "Sure Mani, what's up?" I ask her and she sits on my bed. "Arin and I broke up." She tells me with tears in her eyes. "Oh my God, baby are you okay?" I ask hugging her. Poor thing, I know how hard it is to go through a heart break. "Not really, but this is for the best." She answers wiping the tears away from her cheeks. "What happened?" I ask rubbing her back. "I guess I just realized I didn't love him. I guess I have loved someone else all along." Normani says staring deeply into my eyes. "Aww Mani that sucks, I'm so sorry." I tell her with a smile. "Do you think its too late?" She suddenly asks me. "Too late for what?" I say confused. I really don't like where this is going. "For this." She tells me holding my face and she kisses my lips. And I guess I am stupid, or lost, or both, but I start kissing her back, even though it feels so wrong. After a couple of seconds of realizing how fucked up this is for several reasons I push her away. "I am with Cole Mani, I can't do this right now." I say softly and she nods. "Someday you'll realize I'm the one for you Lauren, not Camila or Cole." She says walking out of my room. Great, because things weren't already fucked up.