Chapter 12: AMA's (Part 2)

Lauren's POV:

"Calling all my girls. Listen SOS tonight, lets have some fun... Yeah." I start singing on the stage of the AMA's. We had been here a year ago, but we didn't perform, so this is pretty surreal. I look at Camila dancing and its so hard not to stare at her like an idiot. Whenever she says she can't dance I just want to kill her! She looks smoking hot! And the fact that she doesn't realize how beautiful and sexy she is still amazes me. I thought I had gotten over her, but something keeps pulling me towards her direction. She was mine damn it, and I let her go. I keep on trying to convince myself this is for the best, and this morning I felt so alive and happy because she had finally set me free, but seeing her like this and remembering about everything we lived together makes me realize how I'll never be truly complete without her. And I hate that so much, because Cole is actually a great guy and I really want to give him a real chance, but I can't forget about her. No matter how many times I tell myself we're not good for each other, my heart keeps telling me we're better together.

"Thank y'all so much for having us, we love you." Ally says after we finish with Me & My Girls. "Fifth Harmony ladies and gentlemen. Good luck tonight girls, thank you for this amazing performance." The host says as we walk off stage. I wouldn't describe our performance as "amazing", but it was not that terrible considering the fact that we couldn't really rehearse when we needed to. "Good job ladies." Cole says as we walk back to the audience before planting a kiss on my lips. "Thank you baby." I answer and feel a pair of eyes set on me. I turn to see Camila and Austin sitting next to us. His arm is around her waist and she rests her head on his shoulder. For two people who hate each other, they damn sure make a really believable couple. "I'm glad you didn't faint again." I tell her with a smirk. "Thanks Lo." She says sarcastically. "I'm kidding, you were great." I say with a smile and her cheeks blush a little. "You were great too Lauren." Austin interferes pulling Camila even closer to him. "Thanks." I answer politely and then look back at the stage. I can't stand him, never had, never will. We watch the rest of the show in silence, and even though we didn't win any awards it was amazing to perform. Its kind of weird to be sitting next to Camila and Austin, and having Cole next to me as well. It only makes me question everything even more. Cole is amazing, he loves me and treats me right, but I can't pretend I'm in love with him too. He doesn't get me, he barely knows anything about me and I don't know if I can hide my true feelings for much longer. After the show is over we go to the after party in one of L.A.'s hottest clubs. Maybe this is just what I need to take my mind of everything that's going on. We all walk to the bar and start drinking together. I know that things are always a mess when we're drunk, but I'm too stressed out to even care. The drinks keep coming and Camila seems to be the one enjoying herself the most. She dances around with Austin with her drink on her hand and it makes me so jealous. That could've been me if I wasn't such an idiot and Simon wasn't an egotistical asshole. "I'll be right back." I say standing up. "I'll go with you, I need to check my make-up." Camila says leaving her drink on the bar and starts following me. "This is pretty cool, isn't it?" She asks smiling and I nod. She look incredibly pretty tonight, its unfair! How the hell does she expect me to get over her when she looks like that? "So, how are things with Austin?" I tell her when we get to the bathroom. "Alright I guess, he's not that bad." She answers looking at herself in the mirror. Not that bad? He's a complete asshole! But I'm sure she doesn't like him, or at least I hope so. "Ugh my mascara is a mess!" She complains making me giggle. "Do you need any help with that?" I ask walking closer to her and she nods. After all she's pretty drunk and putting on mascara may be a difficult task for her. With one hand I hold up her chin and I fix her long eyelashes with the other. Her eyes are set on mine, and I have to hold back my urges to kiss her. "You're done." I whisper but I don't let go of her chin. Her beautiful brown eyes stare deeply into mine for what seems like an eternity. "Thanks." She answers softly and seductively licks her lips. God someone needs to stop me right before I make a huge mistake, we can't go back to our old ways again. "Girls what's taking you so long?" Dinah says walking into the bathroom and I immediately take my hand away from Camila's face. "I just had something in my eye." Camila answers and runs out of the bathroom. "What's up with her?" Dinah says and I shrug. "I have no clue." Lately I can't seem to read her like a did. Everything was fine and then she just disappears. I decide to follow her and after pushing around some people I finally find her. "Camz are you okay?" I ask grabbing her arm. "Yeah, I'm fine!" She answers trying to walk away from me, but I don't let her go. "Camila talk to me. What's wrong?" I ask again. "Damn it, you can't look at me like that, okay? Please let me go!" She answers with a shaky voice trying to snatch her arm away, but I pull her closer to me instead. "Why are we doing this Camila? Why can't things just go back to the way they were?" I ask her and her eyes get teary. "Because I don't love you anymore, how many times do I have to tell you?" She yells and my heart breaks into a million pieces. She quickly wipes away a tear from her cheek and I finally let go of her arm. I'm speechless, I really don't know what to tell her, I don't know how to convince her we are meant to be and she just can't walk away like that. But she does, disappearing in the middle of the crowded dance floor. Why can't I just forget her already? She's just going to keep ripping my heart every time she wants. I walk back to the bar and realize Camila and Austin are gone. "Hey babe, what took you so long?" Cole asks me kissing my cheek. "Girl drama." I answer softly. "Where are Camila and Austin?" I ask him grabbing another drink. "They left a minute ago, Camila seemed upset." Cole says putting his hand on my waist. "She probably just drunk. Do you want to dance?" I ask changing the subject and pull him to the dance floor. I'm not going to let her break me again.