Chapter 34: Wake Me Up

Camila's POV:

The feeling of Lauren's lips on mine makes my heart rush uncontrollably. I honestly wasn't expecting that reaction after my ultimatum, but I can't help but kiss her just as passionately for a couple of seconds before I pull apart. "We can't do this right now. Please go home Lauren." I say catching my breath and see clear disappointment in her glistening eyes. She's wasted and I'm not about to have one of the most important conversations of my life with her in this state. "Get some sleep and we'll talk in the morning." I add biting my lip and walk her to the door. "I'm sorry about that." She whispers and her husky voice sends shivers down my spine. "Its okay." I answer and plant a kiss on her cheek. "Everything's going to be okay." I add softly and see her walk out of my room. My heart wrenches at this sight and I slowly make my way to my bed. I close my eyes replaying everything that happened today, and its so hard to not think about Lauren going to college in New York. Maybe its a sign we should just take some time for ourselves, and she can go to her dream college and I can take on the solo career offer. I know we will end up coming back to each other. I love her too much and I can't take her dreams away from her. She was right, I was acting really selfish, specially after she supported me so much when it came to my dreams. Of course I'm going to miss her, and not being together will suck, but I feel like this is something we need to do in order to grow up. We can try to maintain a long distance relationship, but I definitively can't hold her back. I would never be able to leave with myself knowing I'm the reason she didn't follow her dreams. And like I said, if we're meant to be then we will end up together eventually. I have so much faith in our love, and that won't change if we spend some time apart, of that I'm completely sure. Slowly I feel my brain tire down and in a couple of minutes I drift into sleep.

"Camila wake up! Please wake up!" Sofi says jumping on top of me. I groan softly and scratch my eyes. "Hey Sofi, what's going on?" I say and my voice is raspier than I expected. "Someone's here to see you." She says excitedly and runs out of my room. The fact that Lauren woke up this early to come and see me must mean she's really trying to make things right after our fight last night. I put on a sweater and run downstairs to meet the beautiful green eyed girl, and I'm more excited than usual for some reason. My jaw drops when I see another familiar face. "Austin what are you doing here?" I say with a trembling voice. "Hey girlfriend, I missed you." He says grinning walking closer to me. Resting one hand on my hip, he pulls me closer and plants a soft kiss on my cheek. "What are you doing here?" I repeat still in shock. I hadn't seen him in a long time, and I had almost forgotten about the texts and letters him, Cole and Normani used to send me and Lauren, and how hard they tried to break us up. "What do you mean? Your mom invited me to have lunch." He answers with a smile and I give him a confused look. "What?" I mutter and see my mother walk out of the kitchen. "Austin you came, its so good to see you!" She says excitedly and hugs him. "What's going on? Mom why did you invite him?" I snap at her and cross my arms. "Why did I invite your boyfriend? Camila dear are you alright? You look pale, maybe you should sit down." She says walking over to me. "I just don't know what the hell is going on, he's not my boyfriend!" I say holding my head. "You came home from tour and I invited your boyfriend over, I thought you wanted to see him." My mom says rubbing my back. "What tour? I don't understand." I say sitting down and Austin sits next to me. "The tour must've been exhausting babe, maybe you should go back to sleep." He says putting his hand on my knee. "Get out of here Austin, get out of my house." I yell taking his hand away from me. "Calm down Camz." He says putting his arm around me. "Shit don't call me that and leave!" I say angrier than before. "We need to get to the airport now or we'll lose our flight to L.A. babe, go get ready." Austin tells me and holds my hand. "I'm not going to L.A. with you." I say more confused than ever. "Camila we live together. Why are you acting so weird?" He asks and I literally don't know what to do anymore. I can't be living in L.A. and dating Austin Mahone, this can't be happening right now. "Camila? Is everything okay? Camz?" I hear his voice getting further and further away until I feel someone shake me up. "Camila wake up! Are you okay?" I suddenly meet the most beautiful pair of green eyes as soon as I open mine. "Lauren?" I say sitting up straight and she greets me with a smile. "Your mom let me in, I didn't know you where still asleep and I really wanted to see you." She says sitting down on my bed. "Oh my God I'm so glad you're here. I had the weirdest dream of my life." I say and wrap my arms around her neck. "Yeah, you were almost screaming for your life." She says and runs her fingers through my messy hair. "You can tell me all about it over breakfast, what do you say?" Lauren adds with a soft smile and I nod. "I'm going to take a shower and I'll be back in a second." I say and can't help but kiss her lips even though we're kind of in a fight. "Okay." She answers softly and walks out of my room. I'm really glad to see her after the horrible dream I had. It felt so real and I hate to think my life will be like that if I take the solo career offer. I mean, I know there's no way in hell I'm dating Austin again, but maybe I'll end up miserably living in a L.A. by myself after exhausting tours, and I don't know if I'll be able to handle that by myself. Music is what the most passionate about, there's no doubt about that, I just don't know if its all worth it.