Chapter 41: Sorry I Screwed Up

Camila's POV:

My heart beats insanely fast after I hang up from speaking with Lauren. Keeping this away from her wasn't exactly easy, but hearing the surprised tone in her voice was definitively worth it. She seems to be having a nice time in NYU, and that makes me really happy, but sadly I can't say the same for me. I never thought I could feel this alone. I mean, I hang out with Dinah sometimes, but working on my own isn't what I thought it would be. I spend most of my time alone and I can't stop thinking about Lauren all the time. I don't want to annoy her by texting her too much, but talking to her is the only thing that can make me feel a little bit better. I love making music with my life, and the new songs I'm working in are pretty good, but I don't know if I'll be able to hold this up for long. Maybe when I start touring I'll fall in love with life again, but right now I'm definitively not in the best place. But the interview went pretty well, and I'll get to see Lauren in just a couple of days, so that makes me a lot happier. "Nice job out there." I suddenly feel someone covering my eyes. "Brian?" I ask annoyed. "So you're hot and a psychic." He says smugly as I turn to face him. Brian is the guitar player the producer hired for my acoustic performances, and even though I can't deny he's really cute, he's also the definition of egocentric asshole. But we've kind of become friends lately, and it's not horrible to have someone your age to joke around with sometimes. "I guess I am." I answer crossing my arms. "I have to admit that interview broke my heart Camila, I had the hope you'd be single." He teases with a grin. "Come on Brian, you knew I've been dating Lauren for a while now." I answer playfully punching his arm. "Yeah, but I was hoping you'd break up with her because I'm, you know, irresistible." He says and bites his lip. "You're an idiot, that's for sure." I say and see a smile appear on his face. "Do you maybe want to go out with this idiot? Let's celebrate with some drinks and party music or something." Brian says dancing around. "Did you forget about the part I said I'm very much in love with my girlfriend?" I say rolling my eyes. "Don't flatter yourself Camz, I meant as friends. You could even be my wingwoman. What do you say?" He says with a smirk. "It's not like there's something to celebrate anyways." I tell him firmly. "What about your upcoming shows? That's a good enough reason, isn't it?" He says pouting. I'm going through a hell of a lot right now, and thinking about it, it wouldn't hurt to have a night out without any concerns. "Alright, alright, but this isn't anything close to a date, are we clear?" I say seriously and Brian nods his head with a smile. I quickly change to less formal clothes and walk with Brian to his car. I can't stop thinking about Lauren though, she said she was going out tonight too, but it makes me so mad to think about her and that Sarah girl partying together. They have become so close in a really short amount of time, and they sleep in the same room and go to class together, and I don't want to be a jealous freak, but I can't help it. What if Lauren falls for her while we're apart? I wouldn't blame her, Sarah sounds like a really cool girl and once again I left Lauren for my career and this was the worst decision of my fucking life. I should've never agreed to this solo contract, I'm so stupid. "Camila, are you alright?" Brian suddenly asks me. "Yeah, why?" I answer immediately. "Because you're crying." He says softly and sets his eyes on me before turning his head back to the road. I quickly put my hands on my cheeks and realize they are indeed wet. "I'm sorry, I'm an idiot." I say wiping away the tears. When did I even start crying? I feel so stupid sitting in this car crying like a baby while Brian is taking me God knows where and Lauren is probably partying in a frat house. "It's okay, do you want me to drive you home?" He asks me sweetly. "I don't want to ruin your night." I answer softly. "No, come on, don't worry about." He says with a smile and starts driving the other way around. "Thanks Brian, I appreciate it." I say sighing and lay my head against the window. Why do I miss her this much? God, this is slowly becoming truly unbearable. But she's having the time of her life and I'd hate to ruin that for her by telling her how I'm feeling. After a silent drive we finally get back home. "Thanks again, and I'm sorry, again." I say and Brian laughs softly. "Stop apologizing, it's okay, I promise." He says with a smile on his face. "But I'm worried Camila, are you alright?" He adds in a more serious tone. "I'm just going through a lot." I simply answer taking a deep breath. "Does it have something to do with a certain green eyed girl?" He asks me. "It has everything to do with a green eyed girl actually, but there's not much I can do about it really." I answer hopelessly. "But you'll see her in a week though." He says trying to make me feel better and suddenly gasps. "What? What happened?" I ask almost giggling at his random response. "If you miss her and you're not really doing much right now, why wait for a whole week? Just buy a damn airplane ticket and go get your girl." He says with a smirk. "You've gone crazy, are you serious?" I ask surprised and see him nod his head. "I'm completely serious, I'll take you to the airport right now if you want. You can stay there for the weekend and come back on Monday to continue recording. You should totally do it." Brian says seriously. "Okay, let's do this. I need to pack a couple of things and get my passport, but I'll be back in second." I say excitedly and run into my apartment. I can't believe I'm actually flying to New York tonight. This is the craziest thing I have ever done, but it's completely worth it. I would do anything to see Lauren right now, and I guess that's exactly what I'll do.

Lauren's POV:

"I thought you said this party would be cool." I tell Sarah sighing. "This party is cool, what are you talking about?" She answers drinking from her red cup and waves at someone who walks by. "How lame this party is." I answer over the loud electro music. "You are fucking lame, not this party. Loosen up, have a drink and turn that frown upside down." She says handing me a cup. "I already told you I'm not drinking tonight." I say staring at the mysterious liquid. "Oh my God you're so annoying. Just have fun for once in your life." Sarah says with a smug smile and looks at the drink in my hand. After a couple of seconds I decided to drink it as fast as I can, even if I had chosen not to before. After all, this is what college kids do, right? "That's what I'm talking about." She says laughing and holds my hand. "What are you doing?" I say surprised. "Lets dance." She answers grinning ad drags me to the dance floor. I follow her between the crowd of sweaty college boys and start moving to the rhythm of the blasting music. Sarah does the same finishing her fifth drink, when I suddenly feel she's kind of flirting with me. I may be overreacting though, maybe she acts like this with all of her friends. But she hadn't been like this before. I swear there's something completely different going on right now. She suddenly places her hands on my lower back and pulls me closer to her. "Hey, what are you..." I start saying before she places her index finger on my lips. "She's in L.A. Laur, she doesn't have to know." She whispers in my ear with a sultry tone in her voice. Of course I immediately push her away softly just to see a surprised look on her face. "I think you got the wrong idea, I'm with Camila and I just want to be with her." I say still a little in shock. "Then why the fuck do you flirt so much with me?" Sarah says holding her head. "When have I flirted with you? Oh my God, are you serious?" I answer holding back how angry I actually am. "Don't pretend you're the perfect girlfriend Lauren, you barely even talk about her anymore." Sarah shots back and my jaw drops. "Fuck you, I'm out of this shitty ass party." I finish saying and start walking out of the frat house we're in. I can't believe she would say something like that. Camila is the most important thing in my life, and maybe I've been able to be happy without her by my side lately, but that doesn't mean I'm a shitty girlfriend or I would cheat on her. Sarah clearly got the wrong idea of the situation, but that will never happen. "Lauren wait!" I suddenly hear a familiar voice and turn around to find Sarah running behind me. "I'm really sorry, I'm drunk and I didn't know what I was doing. I'm so sorry, I'm the biggest idiot ever." She says catching her breath after the short run. "Yes, you are, and that really hurt my feelings." I answer defensively and cross my arms. "I know, I feel horrible for saying those things, but please forgive me." She pleads and bites her lip. "It's okay, just please don't you ever pull something like that again." I tell her and see an immediate smile on her face. "I won't, I promise." She answers truthfully. "And did you really think I was flirting with you?" I ask lifting an eyebrow. "Come on, you do flirt with me all the time." She says with a grin. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding." She adds when she sees the fury in my eyes and after a while I just loosen up. "We're cool, but I'm kind of tired, I'm going to sleep." I tell her with a soft smile. "Okay, I'll see you later then." Sarah says smiling back at me and then starts walking back to the party. "Oh, and Lauren, you're the best girlfriend anyone could ask for, Camila is a really lucky girl." She adds with a soft smile. "Thanks." I reply before heading back to our room. When I finally get there I throw myself into my bed and close my eyes without even putting in Pjs. I'm extremely tired for some reason, and after a couple of minutes I feel myself fall deeply asleep. The next morning I open my eyes and feel the first rays of sun shining on my face. Sarah is snoring on her bed, and it looks like she had a good time after I left. Suddenly I hear a knock on my door, so I quickly get out of bed to see who's outside. My jaw drops as soon as I open the wooden door. "What the hell are you doing here?" I ask surprised as fuck. "Hey, sorry I screwed up." Normani says standing outside my dorm room.