Chapter 18: I Don't Know

Lauren's POV:

Why isn't she answering her phone? God I have been calling her for hours now. What if she got scared? I don't think so, I mean, we were finally together again. Things started to make sense, I felt it on that last kiss. But I don't know what the hell to think, I've been pacing around my room like a fucking idiot calling her and texting her and she just disappeared. "Lauren what are you doing up? It's 5:30 am." Ingrid says walking into my room. "Its Camila, she was with me and then she left and I can't find her." I answer holding back my desperate tears. "Calm down, I'm sure she's in her room." She says rubbing my back. "No, I was just there and she wasn't and I don't know what the hell to do, she's gone." I say and tears start streaming down my face. "Lauren please calm down, I just saw her sleeping in her bed." She tells me with a soothing smile. I quickly run out of my room and see for myself if Ingrid is actually telling the truth. I completely open the half opened door of her room and find her under the covers of her bed. "Are you fucking kidding me?" I say a little too loud waking her up. "Lauren what...?" She starts saying scratching her eyes. "No, shut up! Was everything a sick joke to you? Did you just wanted to hear me confess all my feelings to have a good laugh? I was worried like an idiot, I was waiting for you to come back because things were finally the way they should've been a long time ago. You know how much this whole thing means to me Camila, I told you I would give up anything for you! Did you mean anything you wrote or said on that fucking video?" I say crying like an idiot. "Lauren please..." She says sitting up straight but suddenly stops with a painful look on her face. "Oh shit, my head!" She adds holding the back of her head and then looks at her bloody hand. "Fuck, what happened to you?" I ask concerned and discover the red stains on her pillow. "I don't know, I went to look for your cake. But how did I end up here?" She says confused. "That's what I want to know. Did you mean everything that you said?" I ask sitting on the edge of her bed. "Of course I did, every single word." She answers putting her hand on my cheek and pulling my face closer to hers. "Lauren I love you, and all I want is to be with you again." She adds resting her forehead against mine. "Good, because you'll be stuck with me for a while." I answer with a smile before kissing her lips. Damn it I missed this so fucking much. "But why did you leave me Camz? I was worried sick." I say pulling apart from our eager kiss. "I went to the kitchen to look for your cake, and then you woke me up here. I don't remember coming to my bed, I mean you were in my room right? How did I end up here?" She asks me confused. "I don't know! I was in your room but then I went to look for you and I couldn't find you anywhere so I went back to my room." I answer as Camila keeps rubbing the back of her head. "Let me see that." I say standing up next to her bed and start examining the wound. "It hurts like hell." She groans softly. "Fuck, it looks like hell, you need stitches." I answer staring at the bloody surface. "Maybe I slipped when you was looking for the cake and because I hit my head I can't remember what happened." She says as I sit back next to her. "But then who carried you back to your bed?" I ask putting both my hands on her leg. I stare into her eyes trying to look for an answer, but I can't think of anything reasonable. "Maybe Ingrid found me and brought me here." She answers biting her bottom lip. "No, that doesn't make sense! When you didn't come back for a while I went to look for you and you weren't in this apartment, I swear you weren't anywhere." I say trying to wrap my head around this whole mess. "Then I have no idea what happened to me Lauren." She says laying back down. "I thought you had changed your mind about us." I say after a minute of silence. "Are you crazy? If there's one thing I'm completely sure about is what I feel for you." She snaps sitting back up. "I am in love with you, that's all I know and that's all that fucking matters really." She adds with a warm smile. "I love you too Camz, but we need to take you to a hospital, okay? Your head doesn't look good at all." I say standing up. "Okay, we should tell Ingrid, right?" She asks getting out of bed too, but as soon as she stands up she holds her head. "God, are you alright?" I say grabbing her arm to keep her in balance. "Yeah, just dizzy." She answers closing her eyes. "I'm going to go get Ingrid, okay babe?" I say helping her sit back down and a grin automatically appears on her face. "What? What happened?" I ask kneeling next to care. "Nothing... Babe." She says giggling. "Oh, I'm sorry, I'm not..." I start saying but she shuts me up with a passionate kiss. "I like it." She breathes to my mouth seductively. "And I like you." I answer connecting our lips again, but after a while she gently pushes me and hold her head. "I'm sorry, it really hurts." She says frowning. "I'm going to get Ingrid, I'll be right back." I tell her lovingly rubbing her cheek with my thumb before walking out of her room. I'm so glad I found her and her feelings for me are real. I had been hiding my love for so long and it feels amazing to finally be back together.