Chapter 33: Take It (Part 2)

Camila's POV:

I have never been to a college party before, and saying I'm freaking out would be an understatement. Quickly putting on more appropriate clothes, I run down stairs to meet my mom. "Why are you all dressed up?" She asks referring to my new, sexier outfit. "Actually I was just about to ask you if you could drive me to the University of Florida?" I say flashing my best smile. "Why would you want to go there on a Friday night?" She says kinking an eyebrow. "Lauren invited me to a party with her friends tonight and I really want to go." I tell her giving her my best puppy eyes. "I'm not sure if I like the idea of a party full of drunk older guys Camila." She says skeptically and crosses her arms. "You know how responsible I am and that I never drink mom, please." I plead obviously lying about my sometimes illegal choice of beverages. After a couple of silent seconds she sighs heavily. "I guess I can't really stop you from growing up. At what time do you need me to take you?" She can barely finish the sentence before I jump on top of her with a hug. "Thank you so much mom, I love you!" I say excitedly and run to the car. As soon as we start driving I take out my phone and text Lauren. Even though we saw each other a couple of hours ago I miss her like crazy.

To: Lauren<3

I'm on my way, can't wait to see you;)

I send it and lay back on the car seat. "Please promise me you'll be careful tonight." My mom says full of concern. "I promise, I'll be fine! Lauren's friends are really nice and I won't even be on my own." I assure trying to calm her down. Before The X Factor I barely went out at night, so I understand her obvious concern. But tonight I really want to spend as much time as possible with the girl who for some reason hasn't answered my text. Besides I really need something to take my mind off the producer's offer. I have tried to come up with the best choice, and so far I think I shouldn't take it. Being away from Lauren for such a long time really seems unbearable. I mean, I know I probably have to accept the fact that things will get harder and I won't be able to see her as much once she goes to college, but at least she will still be in Florida and I will be able to visit her as often as I want. If I take the solo career offer then I'd go back to Cali and be touring all the time, and then I wouldn't see her at all. When we get to campus I say goodbye and promise to take care again and then start walking towards the dorms. I try calling Lauren a billion times, but she's not answering her phone and I really don't know where to meet her. I have never been here before and the only thing guiding my way is the loud electro music coming from the end of the facility. A group of college guys walk past me and start whistling and yelling shit. The strong scent clearly reveals how much they have had to drink so I just choose to ignore them and keep walking to the party. I can't look like a little scared girl when I have to try to fit in as one of them. But its impossible to keep playing dumb when one of them grabs my waist. "Hey where are you going?" He asks pulling my body closer to his. I can't deny he's pretty good looking, but he's also clearly an asshole. "Its none of your business actually." I say trying to get away from his grip. "We can have a lot more fun in my dorm." He says and his group of friends start laughing and cheering. "I'm not interested, okay? Just let me go, I need to find my girlfriend." I say and then realize how stupid that was because it only makes them even more excited. "Girlfriend? Maybe she can join us too." He says grinning with his muscular arm still around my waist. "Come on dude, let her go." I hear a somewhat familiar voice and turn around to see Alexa. A couple of steps behind Lauren shows up carrying a six pack of beer. "Camila? Oh my God!" I see Alexa running towards me. "Do you know her?" The guy says letting me go and I run to hug Lauren's friend. "Of course we know her Luis, and you're a douche bag." Alexa says and punches his arm. I walk over to Lauren and give her a quick hug too, she seems really uncomfortable by the situation with who now I know is Luis. I had heard about him before, he's one of Lauren's closest friends and she had even admitted having a crush on him growing up. "I was just welcoming the newbie to campus, calm down." He says almost chuckling. "She's not a newbie, Camila is actually Lauren's..." "Ex-bandmate." Lauren interrupts her friend nervously. "We were together in Fifth Harmony." She adds and I give her a confused look. Is she embarrassed to admit we're together? That's really fucked up. "That's why your face was so familiar." Luis says staring me down and smiles. "Yeah, I was her bandmate." I repeat sarcastically and feel Lauren's eyes on me. "Can we just go to the damn party?" I add giggling breaking the awkward silence. "I can show you the way." Luis says and offers me his arm. "Lets go then." I tell him and glance at Lauren before walking to the party with him. She sure looks guilty after denying our relationship in front of everyone. I mean, I'm pretty sure they all know about us being together in the past, and there's no reason for her to keep hiding what we have. If I embarrass her so much maybe she shouldn't have asked me to come to the party with her on the first place, I didn't know I would be such a burden. "So you're Camila right?" He asks me bringing me back to reality. "Yeah." I answer softly. "Now everything makes sense, I mean, I thought I had seen your face before somewhere, but when Lauren said you were together in Fifth Harmony I could finally connect the dots. You're the girl from the sex tape, aren't you?" He asks with a smirk and I gulp nervously. "Nice job Sherlock, but don't tell Lauren you know, she clearly doesn't like it when her friends know stuff like this." I tell him and he nods softly. "But now I really what you and your girlfriend to come to my room." He teases and I roll my eyes. "I'm sorry, I'm just really drunk right now." Luis says and I quickly turn to take a look at Lauren, who's walking with Alexa behind us. The fact that she had to hide us hurt more than I thought it could and my mind started to go crazy questioning everything. "Maybe I should get drunk too." I say sighing and take one last look into her amazing green eyes before turning away.