Chapter 2: I Don't Care

Camila's POV:

"Stop! Oh my God stop it!" Yelling and giggles wake me up. What the fuck? Its too early for this shit. I get out of bed and walk out of my room to find Normani and Lauren running around the living room. "Dude I swear, if you touch me you're fucking done." Lauren says backing away, completely ignoring my presence. "Oh yeah? I'll take the risk." Normani says running after Lauren and tickling her, and she bursts into laughter. I walk to the kitchen yawning and pour myself a glass of juice. "Oh hey Mila you're up!" Normani says with a smile when she realizes I am, in fact, up. "Yup." I answer blankly staring at the wall sipping my orange juice. I woke up in a horrible mood today, and I have no idea why. It may have something to do with the little argument Lauren and I had last night. We hadn't talked in forever, it was surreal to hear her voice again. But she moved on, she's dating Cole now and what I feel for her has to disappear too someday. At least I hope so, but its so hard to forget how happy she made me, how amazing it was to wake up in her arms and kiss her lips and tell her how much I love her, because I do, I still love her with everything I have. I just want to hold her hand, and lay on her chest listening to her heart beat, I want to hear her say she loves me too, but I know those are just stupid fantasies, and those eyes will never look at me the same way again.

I guess it was my fault by telling Simon I picked Fifth Harmony over our relationship, but at that time it seemed like the wiser choice. We could still be together on the down low and have our careers, but I never really had the chance to explain myself. Its crazy how easily everything can go to hell. We spent so much time planning our future, talking about always and forever, and in the blink of an eye it was all gone. All of our hopes, all of our dreams, gone. At least she was lucky enough to find a new toy to play with. She went from thinking Cole was the one making us suffer to sleeping with him a couple of hours after we were "over", and I say "over" because I'm sure she knew I would never give up on us that easily. Maybe I should've told her that last night, but I didn't, I couldn't stand looking at her perfect face, and beautiful eyes and irresistible lips.

After a while Dinah and Ally wake up too and we sit together in the living room. "Hello girls." Ingrid says walking towards us with a cup of coffee in her hands. "You have a meeting at 10:30, a photo shoot after that and then..." She starts telling us our whole day, but I get easily distracted by Lauren's face. I stare at how perfectly her hair falls to her shoulders, and her nose twitches every once in a while, and I wonder if she ever thinks about me, if I had been the reason she has stayed up at night, if she ever looks at me the way I'm looking at her. "Camila, are you listening?" I hear Ingrid's cold voice and nod uninterestedly. "And after we're done we can have lunch at Subway." She says with a soft smile. Sometimes I can see a human inside of her monster-like exterior. "I can't, I'm supposed to have lunch with Cole." Lauren says holding her chin. "Okay, then we'll drive you wherever you have to be." Ingrid says. "So the princess gets special treatment." I mumble under my breath. "Excuse me?" Ingrid asks and four other heads turn to me. "Nothing, I'm going to take a shower." I say leaving the room. I hate Lauren Jauregui, but I'm also completely and hopelessly in love with her. I hate how easily she forgot about us, it's like we never even happened and it kills me. I hate this power she has always had over me, she leaves me breathless every time I look into her eyes, she makes my heart rush and my hands sweat and I can't control myself around her. And the thing is, she knows that, and she can use it against me anytime she wants. Maybe I should've accepted her peace offering last night and become her friend again, but I can't be close to her without wanting to kiss her lips and hold her hand, I just can't. Its either all or nothing with her.

Lauren's POV:

"Hello pretty girl." Cole says grabbing my waist. I wave goodbye at the girls and Ingrid who just drove me to restaurant and they drive away. "Hey sexy, how are you?" I say and he kisses my cheek. "Happy to see you." He answers and we walk to our table. "I missed you." Cole tells me holding my hand. "I missed you too." I answer with a smile. I guess I kind of like him, he's really hot and nice and smart, but I love someone else, and I'm pretty sure I will always be in love with her. But being together is impossible for several reasons, most importantly because she hates me, but also because we're nothing but Simon's puppets, and what he says its done. "I talked to her last night." I say as he flips the pages of the restaurant's menu. "Really? How did it go?" He asks without looking at me. "Umm horribly, but I didn't expect anything really." I say sipping from my glass of water. "Have you tried the chicken wings?" He asks me lifting his eyebrows. "Are you even listening to me?" I say annoyed, he's an asshole. "Yeah, sorry. She'll get over it eventually, and you have me, why do you even care?" He asks me squeezing my hand. "I don't know, maybe because I miss my best friend and I'm dating a douche bag?" I say sarcastically and he chuckles. "Sassy, I like that." Cole says and kisses my lips. The waiter soon comes to our table and we order some food. I can't take my mind off Camila though, she doesn't even want to be my friend. How could we go from lovers to strangers in such a short time? "Guess who's birthday is in less than a month." Cole says grinning. "Umm I don't know, should I?" I ask giggling. "What do you want babe? You only turn eighteen once in your life, we got to celebrate." He says while eating his precious chicken wings. "Sure, we can do something fun." I say uninterestedly. I don't really feel like having a party or anything. Suddenly I remember about Camila's birthday in New York, with Ed Sheraan and eating Creme Brulee, and spending the night together after our picnic in Central Park. We were just two stupid teenagers in love, but those were the happiest days of my life, no doubt about it. "So I was thinking, maybe we should do something at your place, I could invite my friends and you would finally meet my roommate, he's a chill dude." Cole's voice pulls me out of my thoughts. "Yeah, sounds cool." I answer with a half smile. Whatever makes him happy is okay with me I guess, I have enough demons of my own.

After lunch Ingrid picks me up from the restaurant to make sure I go straight back home and I don't run away to New Mexico with Camila again. I'm seriously fucking tired of that nosey bitch, though I know its not really her fault, she just doing what Simon told her to. "How was lunch?" She asks me with her eyes set on the road. "I have ignored you for the past three months, I thought at this point you'd realize I'm not interested in your freaking small talk." I say being the sarcastic bitch that I am. "Enough with the attitude Lauren, I won't take it." She answers softly. "You're right, maybe you should just quit." I say annoyed and she drives the rest of the way home in silence. When I walk into our apartment I see Camila sitting on the couch playing with her phone. "Don't worry Ingrid, I won't try to rape her." I say with a mocking smile and l slam my bedroom door. I'm 100% done with this, I just don't care anymore.