Chapter 14: Baby Steps

Lauren's POV:

Oh God, I hope she's in a good mood. "Hey Ingrid, good morning." I say with the biggest smile on my face. "Good morning Lauren, how are you doing?" She answers drinking from her cup of steamy coffee. "I'm great, thanks for asking." I tell her sweetly. "So as you may or may not know, tomorrow is my birthday." I add excitedly. "Of course I know that Lauren." Ingrid says leaning against the kitchen counter. "And you know Cole right? You like Cole!" I say nervously. "Lauren what's wrong with you? You're shaking." She says and I realize my hands are indeed a little shaky. "Nothing, its just that Cole is planning this thing for my birthday and I was wondering if you think it would be okay if I had a really small gathering tomorrow night?" I ask with a nervous smile. "Of course you can, do you need help with anything?" She asks sweetly. "What? Are you for real? Thank you so much!" I say surprised and hug her. Our relationship sucked at first, but after I while I understood its just her job, and I was being extremely immature. Besides, Camila and I barely interact now, so she's not following us around as much. If she knew we hid around and hooked up for a week she would kill us, but luckily she never found out. But know that I think about it clearly, we were so stupid! She could've seen or heard us and that would've been the end of Fifth Harmony. Again, I was being really immature. Well Camila is really immature 97% of the time, and there's nothing I can do about that. But anyway, I'm so happy Ingrid agreed! I thought she was going to laugh in my face and tell me to go back to bed.

I quickly run to my room and dial Cole's number in my new phone. "Hey!" He answers after a couple of seconds. "Hey babe, guess what?" I say laying down on my bed. "What happened?" "She said yes about the party tomorrow!" I squeal and Cole laughs. "That's great because I had already invited a bunch of people." He answers chuckling. "What do you mean "a bunch of people"? Ingrid is going to kill me." I say holding my head. "Come on Laur, your place is huge! I'm sure no one will mind." He says. "You should've asked me anyways, you know I'm finally gaining Ingrid's trust." I tell him kind of annoyed. Besides its my fucking birthday and he invited people I don't even know. "I'm sorry. But lets not fight okay? We're in a great place." He apologizes sighing and I suddenly hear a knock on my door. "Alright, I have to go, I'll call you later, okay?" I say walking towards the door. "Okay, happy almost birthday, I love you." He says as I turn the door knob. "I love you too, bye." I finally hang up opening the door. "Oh, I'm sorry, did I interrupt something?" Camila says standing outside of my room. She's wearing tight skinny jeans, a white crop top and her hair flows beautifully down her shoulders. I hadn't had my breath taken like that in a while. "No, it was just Cole, what's up?" I say trying not to stare as she walks into my room. "Can you close the door? Its about, you know." She says sitting on my bed. "Sure." I say doing what she told me to. We've finally convinced Ingrid there's nothing between us, so I'm sure she won't care.

"So what's going on?" I ask standing a couple of feet away from my bed. I don't have any intention of having these stupid feelings again so I'm not taking chances by being too close. "I don't bite Lauren, you can come a little closer." She says staring me down with her big brown eyes. "I think I'm okay, thank you." I answer crossing my arms. Whatever the hell she plans on doing to get me back it won't work. "Okay, so I've been thinking a lot about the texts and Austin's partner. And please don't be mad, but I have this stupid feeling Cole has something to do with this too." She says setting her eyes on mine. "Are you fucking kidding me? Dude you're delusional, he has nothing to do with any of this shit." I say angrily, I can't believe she would actually think that and share it with me. "Lauren listen to me. He was with you the whole time! He could've slipped it into his pocket when you weren't watching or..." She starts explaining walking towards me. "Camila shut up!" I interrupt her running my fingers through my hair. "He's a good guy, okay? He loves me and I love him and you're just fucking jealous. Just get out of my room!" I say angrily and feel my eyes burn with tears. "I'm sorry, I'm just..." She says softly and her voice cracks. "Get the fuck out, now!" I yell opening my door. "You don't love him Lauren! You can lie to yourself all you want, but don't lie to me!" She yells back coming closer to me. "Don't lie to me because if you do, then I don't know who you are anymore." She says softly wiping the tears away from her face. "I'm not lying." I answer calming myself down. "Then don't come back to me when he breaks your heart." Camila says staring into my eyes and then walks out of my room. Great, being in a fight with Camila is exactly what I wanted for my birthday.