Chapter 26: Results

Camila's POV:

"Okay, so I need to ask you a couple of questions and then taking some blood tests we will get the answers you're looking for." Doctor Spencer says soothingly and Lauren squeezes my hand. "Okay." She answers softly while I rub the back of her hand with my thumb. She's clearly extremely nervous right now, and to be honest, so am I. "How long have you been sexually active?" The gynecologist asks taking notes on a pad and Lauren's cheeks turn red immediately. "Umm you mean, like, with a guy?" She says stuttering a little. "I guess that's what I meant." She answers with a smile. "Oh, a couple of months I think, three, maybe four." Lauren explains and glances at my direction biting her lip. She doesn't really have to tell this doctor she just met about her previous sexual encounters with me when they're clearly irrelevant to this situation. "Okay, are you on the pill or any other sort of birth control?" She asks her and Lauren sets her eyes on me. I give her a soft smile and gently rub her leg. Well this is an interesting topic to talk about with your girlfriend. "Umm not really, I mean, I don't know..." She starts saying nervously. "Hey, its okay." I whisper and stroke her hair softly. "Do we really have to do this? Can't you just take my blood and tell me if I have a baby in my uterus?" She says holding her head and I move my hand to her shoulder. "Sure, I'll be right back." The doctor says with a smile and walks out of the room. "Are you okay?" I ask her rubbing her back. "No, not really." She mumbles burying her face on her hands. "Hey, look at me." I tell her cupping her cheek with my hand. "Its going to be okay, everything's going to be okay. I'm here for you." I add and kiss her trembling lips. "I love you, I love you more than anything in this world." I whisper softly before the door opens again and we pull apart. "Okay, we just need a little bit of your blood and after a couple of hours we'll have the results." The doctor explains taking out a needle. Lauren rolls up the sleeve of her sweater and tightly holds my hand. I'm so scared right now, but I can't let my nerves get to me, I need to be here for Lauren and be strong. And if I start freaking out then she'll have no one to help her. I know she'd be an amazing mother, there's no doubt about that. But things will indeed change, she would have to leave the band and I would go with her to help her out. Fifth Harmony won't really work out without two members. And it won't only change our lives career wise, our relationship will change too. But she'll be an amazing mother, of that I'm sure.

I remember when we were on break two years ago. We went back home after The X Factor for Christmas, and we had become really close after getting third place on the reality show. I was excited to see my friends and family again, but being away from the girls for so long made me feel a bit nostalgic. Luckily Lauren lived only twenty minutes away from me so we would get to hang out. Even though she was one of my best friends, she really intimidated me. I always knew I had a special admiration for her and that scared me. I couldn't look at her without getting nervous, even after we had lived together for a couple of months. I thought she was too good to be true, and it was hard for me to understand why someone like her would want to hang out with someone like me. But the thing that scared me the most was meeting "Miami Lauren." When we were at The X Factor it was just us and the girls working together towards our dream. Hanging out with Lauren in Miami meant meeting the popular girl from Carrollton with gorgeous long life friends and fancy houses. I had already met them a year ago in Lauren's party and I hated their guts. Lauren was the only one who hadn't been a self centered asshole that night. Of course she had been so drunk she didn't even remember about meeting me, but I still had the vivid memory on my mind. I had been home a couple of days, and we had agree not to text each other while we were home. But of course Lauren and I had broken that rule and texted each other all the time. She asked me if I would go with her shopping because she wanted to get new clothes for this amazing party. Since I had gotten back to Miami I hadn't really left my house, I actually tried to cherish my alone time listening to music and reading and eating and sleeping, things I couldn't really do when we were practicing 24/7 for the live shows. But that day I decided to go with her, after all I really missed her a lot. "Mom I'm going to the mall with Lauren, I'll come home for dinner." I announced walking towards the front door. "Wait Camila, you need to take Sofi with you, she can't stay home alone." My mom told me and dragged Sofi to the door. I love my little sister, don't get me wrong, but I really wanted to spend alone time with Lauren again, and I didn't know how she'd feel if I brought an unexpected companion. But I had to agree and take Sofi with me. When we got there I saw Lauren for the first time since we had gotten to Miami and she ran to hug me. "Oh my God I've missed you so much!" She said squeezing my body so close to hers, she probably felt my uneasy heart beating against her chest. "Me too!" I told her reciprocating her loving hug. "Hey Sofi! How are you?" She said as soon as we pulled apart and kneeled next to her. "I had to bring her, I'm sorry." I said trying not to blush. "Its okay, I love Sofi!" Lauren answered smiling and tickled the little one's tummy. "Do you want some ice cream?" She added stroking my younger sister's hair. The smile on her face was so genuine and warm it made my heart flutter. We spend the rest of the day at the mall playing at the arcade and eating pizza. Lauren insisted she could come tomorrow and buy her clothes and that we had to do fun stuff for Sofi that day. "Would you come with me tomorrow though? I really do want your help." She asked taking a bite at her slice of pizza. "Of course, I'd love to." I answered smiling and tried not to stare too long at her glistening eyes. "Thanks Camz, I needed this." She told me making my heart rush. "Yeah, me too." I answered and thank God I didn't stutter. Her dad took us home before dinner and we made plans to hang out the next day, and the day after that.

Lauren's POV:

I can't keep waiting, I'm going to puke or faint and just die for that matter. We have been waiting for the test results for a couple of hours and I'm nervous as hell. This could change my life completely and I don't know if I'll be able to handle this amount of stress. "Hey Lo?" Camila asks softly putting her hand on my knee. "Do you remember when we were in Bootcamp and Dinah said she was singing the same song as you and you started to freak out?" She says giggling. "Are you trying to take my mind away from the fact that I'm about to find out if I'm carrying a child? Because its not really working." I answer with a long deep sigh. "Sorry, I'm horrible at this." She says laying her head on my shoulder. "No, you're not! I'll never be able to thank you enough for doing this with me." I tell her and quickly kiss her forehead. Suddenly a nurse calls my fake name again, so we follow her back to the empty office. "Dr. Spencer will be here with the results in a couple of minutes." The nurse announces and leaves us alone. Camila stands in front of me and puts her hands on the back of my neck. "Hey, whatever happens I will be here, okay? I love you." She says and kisses my lips. "Thanks Camz, I needed this." I say softly and then the office's door opens. "Hey girls, how are you?" Dr. Spencer says walking into the office. We sit down in front of her and my heart is seriously about to stop beating. Camila squeezes my hand and gives me a warm smile before Dr. Spencer starts talking. "So I have your blood test results and you're not pregnant. But I firmly suggest you start worrying about birth control methods if you don't want to go through something like this again." She says and I jump out of my chair. "So, I'm not pregnant? Oh my God, thank you so much!" I say hugging her and then hug Camila so tight she can probably feel my uneasy heart beating against her body. "I told you everything was going to be okay." She says rubbing my cheek. I really can't put into words how happy I am right now. We thank the doctor and walk away together. But just when I had thought everything was perfect, I realize there's an ocean of paparazzi waiting for us outside of the hospital.