Chapter 17: Choices

Camila's POV:

I have never been this nervous. Not even before singing Skyscraper in front of Demi, or in the finale in The X Factor, or before singing in Madison Square Garden. My heart has never beaten this fast, I'm shaking and my stomach aches. I've been waiting forever, maybe she didn't even get to the end of the scrapbook and threw everything away. Or maybe she left with Cole and she never opened the box. God what am I even doing? This isn't healthy, I'm going crazy! I mean she was friendly with me at her party, before Vero asked her that stupid ass question, but then when I gave her my gift she didn't seem pissed. I bet I'm here shaking like an idiot and she's pleasantly sleeping. But, what if she comes though? That would be the most amazing thing in this world. I don't want to get my hopes up, she probably didn't even get to the video. What if she hates me now? She must think I'm an obsessive freaky ex-girlfriend and she won't even want to be my friend. Why would she want to be friends with a psychopath? Oh God I ruined everything, didn't I? What if she opened it with Cole and they're both laughing because of how pathetic I am? God this was a huge mistake, I should just go to bed and pray she didn't even open the stupid box. "Camila? Are you up?" I hear a gentle knock on my door which makes me jump of my bed. Oh God, oh God, oh God she's here. "Yes! Come in!" I say opening my door. Lauren walks in staring at the floor and I close the door behind her. "I can't believe you came." I say making her look at me. Her eyes are red, but she's smiling. "Have you been crying? Are you okay?" I ask and she nods biting her lip. Maybe she's just here to tell me we can't be together and that's why she was crying. "Look I have no idea what I'm doing." She starts saying. "I mean I have a boyfriend and a career to look after, I don't know if this is going to have huge consequences. But I do know that I am in love with you Camila, I have been in love with you since the moment I first saw you. And as much as I have tried to tell myself I have moved on, I can't keep lying to you and everyone else. I don't love Cole, damn it I don't even like Cole, because I love you. Always have, always will." She says holding my face and my heart feels like its going to burst with happiness. "I love you too." I answer about to cry and she crashes her lips against mine. I had missed the taste of her eager lips so much. She kisses me deeply and passionately like she's trying to make up for all of the time we were apart. Her hands get tangled in my hair and I pull her closer by the waist. I don't want to let her go again. We belong together, like this. "Wait." I say pushing her away gently. "What? What's wrong?" She asks me concerned. "I almost forgot something! The last part of your surprise. I'll be right back." I say smiling. "No, don't go! Please don't leave me." Lauren says grabbing my waist. "It'll take me one minute, I swear." I say pecking her lips. "Okay, I'll be here. I love you." She tells me with a smile. "I love you more." I answer winking at her and leave my room. I almost forgot about the cake. God I'm stupid! I walk to the kitchen to look for the beautifully decorated cake I designed, but when I walk past Lauren's room I hear something. I softly open her door and I see someone going through her stuff. My gasp makes him turn around to face me. "Shit, you shouldn't have seen this." Cole says walking towards me.

Lauren's POV:

I'm completely sure I made the right choice. Kissing Camila like that again was just reassurance of how right this whole thing is. I have always loved her, no doubt about that. But she mysteriously left a while ago and she hasn't come back yet.

And she didn't come back.