Chapter 39: Jealousy

Lauren's POV:

"Hey, is everything okay? You're really pale." Sarah asks me when I walk back into our room. "Yeah, I'm just tired." I lie with a smile and sit down on my bed. Hearing Camila's voice again felt like heaven, but I can't stop thinking about that text and the fact that they're playing with us again. Normani is still missing and Austin could be anywhere right now. I know Camila is with her mother and probably nothing will happen to her, but I'm still worried as hell. "Are you sure? Maybe you need some fresh air or something." She adds politely and I nod. I do need something to take my mind off everything that's going on. Camila is going to be fine and I just can't live my life wondering if something will happen to her while she's in L.A, I can't control her life and I'm sure she'd let me know if there was something going on. I get up and follow Sarah outside of our room and people still stare at me or smile awkwardly when they see me. I'm sure they'll get used to it eventually, and I'll be just another face. "So what's your deal superstar?" Sarah suddenly asks me. "What's that supposed to me?" I say and hear her laugh. "Well everyone in here worships you, what makes you so special?" She says with a grin. "So you really don't know who I am?" I tell her and she shakes her head. "Why? Is it really that surprising?" Sarah says lifting an eyebrow. "No, I must be sounding really conceited right now. I'm just used to people following me around and stuff." I answer looking around campus. "You still haven't told me why though." She adds with a smile. "Oh, right, long story short, I was in a girl band, Fifth Harmony, but we broke up and now I'm here." I tell her and she widens her eyes. "Wait, Fifth Harmony? The sex tape girl group?" She says giggling and I nod. Fuck, just what I needed, the stupid sex tape coming up again. "That's me." I answer and feel my cheeks blushing. "Oh God, this is great, you're like a damn legend." She says holding her head. "But you still didn't know my name." I add playfully and see her roll her eyes. "I had just heard about that on like Tumblr, but I didn't know who were the girls who did it." She explains. "So you didn't see it?" I say praying in my mind, it would be so freaking awkward if she did. "Of course I did." She answers with a grin, fuck. "Great." I say ironically and feel my cheeks burning up even more. "Who was the other girl anyway? I bet things got pretty awkward after everyone saw you two having sex." She asks sitting down under a tree and I sit next to her. "Not really, we're still together but she's in L.A. working on her solo album." I say remembering about the stupid text again. "Oh, that's pretty cool. What's her name?" Sarah asks me with a smile. "Camila." I answer and the memories start flooding my mind again. Is she okay? God I hate going through this so much. Its not just that I miss her like crazy, but I also have to deal with the fact that she might be in danger and it fucking kills me. "Lauren? Lauren? Are you alright?" Sarah suddenly says moving her hand in front of my face. "What? Yeah, sorry, there's just a lot on my mind." I excuse myself. "Well your phone's been buzzing like crazy, you better answer." She says and I look at my phone to realize Camila is calling me. "Sorry, I have to take this." I say and she nods her head as I stand up and walk a couple of steps away. "Camz, hey! Is everything alright?" I say nervously. "God no, sorry I can't talk any louder, but Austin is in my living room and I don't know what the hell to do." She says whispering and my heart starts beating faster. "What? Oh my God, are you fucking kidding me? I told you not to let anyone in and that's exactly what you did, damn." I say with a mix of anger and concern in my voice. "You don't have to yell at me, I know I'm an idiot." She continues whispering. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it, I'm just really worried. What did he say?" I ask calming back down. "He wanted to welcome me to L.A. and now he's talking with my mom in the living room, I'm freaking out." She answers quietly. "Well you better tell him to leave right now Camz, I'm serious." I tell her sighing. "Yeah, I know. I'm going to do that right now." Camila says softly. I hear her steady breathing against the phone for a couple of seconds. I can't believe we're so far away right now, and Austin is right there with her. I don't know how I'll be able to live like this for the next four years, it seems like the hardest thing in the world. "I really miss you by the way." I tell her biting my lip. "I miss you too Lo, but I can't talk right now, there's an asshole I need to take care of. I'll call you tonight, okay?" She answers and I feel my eyes get teary. "Okay, good luck. I love you." I say with a trembling voice and take a deep breath. "I love you too, talk to you in a while." She ends up the conversation before I hang up. I slowly walk back to where Sarah is and sit next to her under the shade of the gigantic tree. "Are you alright?" She asks me with a concerned smile. "You have been asking that a lot lately." I answer trying to lighten the mood, but my head is a freaking mess right now. They say the first day away from the person you love is the hardest and then you just kind of get used to feeling lonely. And I really hope that's the case, I don't think I could stand things getting harder than this.