Chapter 37: NYU

Lauren's POV:

"Oh my God, you're Lauren Jauregui!" I nod my head smiling pretending I'm not about to punch this bitch in the face. "That's me." I add and follow the blonde perky girl. "I can't believe I'm about to say this, but welcome to campus! NYU is incredibly happy to have you, trust me, I know I am." She says laughing and I just sigh. I'm not as half as excited as I thought I would be on my first day of college, but I guess it has something to do with the fact that I'm 2448 miles away from the girl I love. "I wish I was your roommate, but I wasn't lucky enough I guess." The blonde brings me back to reality as she guides me down the halls of the dorms. "But this is your room, your roommate should be back from her field trip this afternoon. If you need anything just call me, my name is Becca and I'm a big fan." She adds with an excited smile. "Thanks Becca, I appreciate it." I say politely walking into my new dorm room. "Oh my God you said my name." Becca says fanning herself with her hand. "I guess I did Becca." I tell her leaving my bag on my bed. "Your voice is like a choir of angels or something." She says and to be honest this is getting more uncomfortable by the second. "Well, I better leave you settle down. Remember you can call me if you need anything, I'm more than happy to help. Oh, and by the way..." She says walking closer to me. "I know you're like into girls and I thought I should let you know I'm open to anything." She whispers and winks at me. "Sorry babe, I'm taken." I tell her and hear Becca sigh loudly. "Oh well, just keep it in mind. See you around, babe." She says winking again and finally walks out of my room. Taking a deep breath, I collapse on my bed and stare blankly at the celling. I miss Camila so much, and we have only been apart for less than a fucking day.

***********20 hours earlier***********

"Promise me you'll take care." I tell Camila holding her face. The crowded airport isn't exactly a private place, but the time I feared the most has finally come. "I promise Lo, relax." She says giving me a sympathetic smile. "How the hell do you want me to relax? I don't want to leave you." I say pouting. I promised myself I'd at least try to make our separation as easy as possible, but I can't, just thinking about being away from Camila hurts like hell. "I know, I don't want to leave you either, but we're going to be okay, I swear." She says and pulls me in for a hug. That was my breaking point, holding back the tears becomes an impossible task and even some sobs escape my lips. I hadn't been as happy as I am right now, and now we have to part ways. Why can't we just be happy like a normal couple? Why do we have to go through all of this shit just when things were better than ever? Life is so unfair. I feel like my heart is being ripped apart from my chest as Camila's hand rubs my back lovingly. "Please don't cry, you're going to make me cry. You're going to New York and you're going to meet amazing people and got through breath taking experiences and before we know it we'll be together again." She says wiping the tears from my cheek and cups my face to gently kiss my lips. I reciprocate her affection trying to stop the tears from running down my cheeks. Camila softly pulls apart and set her chocolate brown eyes on mine. "I need you to promise me you will have fun and laugh a lot, promise me you'll make this an incredible experience we will tell our kids someday." She says softly and the tears start streaming once again. Does she really think we will have kids someday? Fuck, how am I going to be able to be apart from her after she says something like that? I quickly wipe my tears again with the sleeves of my sweater, but I can't stop crying, even if I desperately want to because I know how much I'm hurting Camila right now. "Lauren please, you're breaking my heart. We're going to be okay, I promise. I'll call every day and text you all the time, and we will see each other again before we know it." She says reassuringly and kisses my lips again. "I'm sorry about this, I'm an idiot." I tell her drying my cheeks again. "You're not an idiot, you're the most beautiful human being in the world and I want to be with you for the rest of my life. What are a couple of months compared to a lifetime?" Camila says flashing a smile and hearing her talk so passionately about our future is one of the most heart wrenching things ever. "Flight 8716 to New York City, last call." We hear the airport's loudspeaker and I take a deep breath. "Come here." Camila says wrapping her arms around my neck and I hug her slender body tight. Her flight is a couple of hours after mine, so she'll have to wait with her mom before going to L.A. I give her the tighter hug I can and look one more time into her bright eyes. "I love you Camz, thank you for everything this past year." I say sincerely and smile through my tears. "I love you too, you have no idea how you changed my life Lo, and I'll never be able to thank you enough." She says looking deeply into my eyes and gives me one more passionate kiss before I have to start walking towards the plane. "See you soon." She says and winks at me. "Camren forever, right?" I say walking away and hear her laugh softly. She disappears in the crowd of people and I just keep walking until I find my place in the plane. That was one of the hardest things I've had to do, but I have to at least try to be happy. Camila made me promise I'd make this an unforgettable experience, I have to do it for her. I pick up my phone to turn it off before the plane takes off, but I have a text.

From: Camz<3

I love you so much, and I'm really going to miss you, but we'll make it through this. Thanks for being the amazing girlfriend you have been, I love youuu<33

I feel one last tear stream down my face before gathering the strength to text her back.

To: Camz<3

I love you more<33 please take care, and let me know when you get to your apartment safe. You saved me Camz, and you made me the happiest person in the world. See you;) I love you!

I send it, turn off my phone and feel the plane starting to move. I feel my heart rate go back to normal and after I while I manage to get some sleep, but not even for a second I stop thinking about her, I guess I haven't done that since the first time we met.

*************************
"Hey, are you okay?" I hear an unfamiliar voice in my dorm room. I turn to face a girl around my age, her brown hair falls down to her shoulders and she gives me a warm smile. "Yeah." I say coming back to reality. "You've been staring at the ceiling for like ten minutes and I wasn't sure if I should say something." She says walking into the room. "Sorry about that, you must be my roommate?" I ask walking closer to her and discover the unusual shade of blue in her eyes. "Yeah, I'm Sarah." She says stretching her hand. "Nice to meet you, I'm Lauren." I answer with a quick handshake and smile politely. "I know. I mean, not in a creepy way. Everyone was freaking out because you were coming to NYU, but I had no idea who you were to be completely honest. No offense though, I don't want you to hate me." She says giggling. "Non taken, its actually kinda nice. Most people assume they know me because they know a few facts about my life, but you're just going to have to get to know the real me." I say laying back down on my bed. "I'm up for it." Sarah says with a smile. At least I didn't get a crazy ass fan as a roommate, that's a nice start. I close my eyes for a second remembering about Camila again when my phone suddenly buzzes.

From: Camz<3

Heyyy! I just got to the apartment:) how was your flight? How's school? Can I call you? I miss the sound of your voice already!

I read the text with a stupid smile and get up from my bed again. "Hey do you want me to show you around campus or..." Sarah offers me politely. "I would love that, but I need to make a phone call right now. Thanks though." I tell her with a smile and walk out of my room, but before I get to call Camila my phone buzzes again.

From: Unknown Number

There are 2448 miles from New York to L.A. Can you guess where I am?

----------------------------------------------------
I hope you liked this chapter:) I'll try to post a long Camila's POV from her first day in L.A. tomorrow;) thank you for reading.
---------------------------------------------------