Chapter 16: Adult Decisions

Camila's POV:

"Hey Mila, you look hot!" Dinah says walking towards me. "Thanks D, so do you!" I answer drinking from my cup. I didn't know Lauren had this many friends, but our apartment is full of people and I only know like seven of them. The music is extremely loud and everyone seems to be having a good time. Lauren has always been really outgoing, unlike me, so it makes sense to have this many people celebrating her birthday. "Did you finish your gift?" Dinah asks me poking my arm with her elbow. "Yeah, I finally did, but I'll give it to her later." I answer with a proud smile. "You seem to have everything planned." She adds laughing. "Maybe I do." I answer lifting my eyebrows and we both laugh. "Hey, have you seen Normani?" I ask her shouting over the loud music. "Not really, she said she wasn't going to be here." Dinah answers. "Ugh she's so immature sometimes." I add rolling my eyes. I can't believe she seriously decided not to be here for Lauren's birthday party. "She's been acting really weird lately, I don't know what's up with her. The other day I overheard her speaking on the phone with Cole, and I thought it would have something to do with the party, but now she doesn't even show up." Dinah tells me. I don't think she even really knows Cole, why would she call him? "Yeah, that is weird. But whatever, lets have some fun girl!" I say pulling Dinah to the dance floor. I don't want to spend my night thinking about Normani, its not worth it. I haven't really seen Lauren though. Ever since the guests began to show up she disappeared. I want to spend this day with her, but I guess she has other people who want to be with her as well.

I have been dancing with Dinah for a while and we're having such a great time! That's what I love about her, she's always willing to cheer me up. Suddenly my eyes meet hers for the first time in a while. Lauren is standing at the other side of the room talking to Cole and some other people I don't know. She smiles at me and waves with one hand. I can't deny she looks stunning, her face glows of happiness and I love to see her like that. I start walking towards her direction, but a pair of hands on my waist stop me. "It was rude of you not to invite me." I hear a familiar voice on my ear. "Austin what are you doing here?" I say pushing him away. "I'm your boyfriend, I'm here to be with you." He says grinning. "No, this isn't a public event. You need to leave, now!" I answer dragging him to the door. "But I invited him." Normani says suddenly. "Mani what the hell are you doing here and why did you invite him?" I ask more confused than ever. "Its Lauren's party, duh." She says giggling. "Don't play dumb, why did you invite Austin?" I say with a serious look on my face. "Because I thought you guys were together, especially since you slept with him after the AMA's." She answers with a smirk. "I didn't sleep with him! I can't believe you told her that." I say to Austin angrily. "Baby calm down, we're just here to have some fun." He says grabbing my waist again. "No, you two stay the hell away from me. I don't know what you're up to, just don't get me involved." I say walking away from them. What's up with Normani lately? She couldn't be... Could she? No, I'm delusional. Normani would never do that to us. But she has been acting weird and the stalker always knew too much about our location and what we were doing... "Hey, what was that about?" Dinah interrupts my thoughts. "Normani invited Austin for some reason." I answer holding my head. "Don't let them ruin your night Mila, lets go get a drink." She says rubbing my arm. "Sure, lets go." I tell her with a smile, and turn to look at Normani and Austin again. Are they arguing? I don't know what the fuck is going on, but I don't like where this is going.

Lauren's POV:

Where did Camila go? She was there a second ago and I haven't talked to her all night. "Hey babe, are you having fun?" Cole says hugging me from behind. "Oh yeah, what about you?" I say turning around and putting my arms around his neck. "Me too, but maybe we could go to your room and I'll give you my present?" He whispers putting his lips really close to mine. "Maybe that's not a horrible idea." I answer and press my lips against his. "Lets go then." He says grinning and holds my hand. We start walking to my room when I hear someone scream my name. "Lauren come here! We're playing truth or dare!" Vero says sitting in a table with a bunch of people. The last time I played truth or dare my life changed drastically, it was the first time Camila and I kissed and that was probably the reason we ended up together. I don't want my life to change, I like how things are and I would like to keep it that way. "Maybe later!" I answer with a smile. "You bitch! I came all the way from Miami to see you and you haven't spent a second with me. Besides you can be with your boy toy tomorrow and the day after that, but you won't see me in a while!" She says lifting an eyebrow. She clearly has had too much to drink, as usual. "You can give me my present in a couple of minutes okay? Vero is right." I tell Cole and he nods softly. "Okay, but I want to play too." He adds and kisses my cheek. We join Vero and the other people and she hands us two red cups. "Okay, I start." Vero says with a mischievous look. "Wait! Camila come here! Do you want to play truth or dare?" She asks Camila, who's walking with Dinah towards the kitchen. She looks at me and gives me a warm smile. "I'm not in the mood Vero, I'm sorry." She answers politely. "Oh come on! It'll be fun! You are way too sober." She says laughing. "That's because I don't want to be wasted." Camila says rolling her eyes. "Come on Camz, I haven't seen you all night." I tell her grinning. I don't know what I was thinking about when I said that, I'm not even drunk. "Alright, but just because you're the birthday girl." She says smiling and joins our group. "Perfect! Lets get this party started then. If I pick dare, can someone make me kiss Camila?" Vero says drinking from her cup and everybody laughs except for me and Camz, who just winks at me.