TO THE LIMIT

Italic - inner monologuebold - pastbold italic - dream

bold - past
bold italic - dream

Chapter thirty-seven - TO THE LIMIT

Later on (June 20, 2013)

By the time Justin got back home with Daniel, it was seven that evening and Solange was back. "Justin, I wanna do that again." Daniel spoke to him as he followed him further inside the house.

"We'll have plenty of times to record." When he entered the living room, he noticed Beyoncé and Solange sitting on the sofa. They immediately stopped talking when he showed up.

"Mommy!!!" Daniel ran straight towards her with his arms out. "Mommy, guess what?" He climbed on the sofa, wrapping his arms around her. "Mommy, Justin let me record."

"He did? You had fun?" He nodded quickly.

"Yeah. I got to play with the guitar AND the piano."

"He's a natural." He spoke up with a laugh.

"You hungry? Come on. Let's go make you something to eat." Solange spoke, standing to her feet with the little boy.

"Actually, Bee...you think maybe you could...take over?" Justin spoke to her. "I need to talk to Solange." She knew what this was about.

"Uhhh yeah. Sure." She stood up. "Come on, Danny." She held his hand, leading him out of the living room and towards the kitchen. Justin decided to take a seat on the sofa not far from Solange. This took a lot from him. Apologizing when he felt that he wasn't wrong. This was something he was used to doing with Beyoncé and since Solange is his sister-in-law, he KNEW he had to be the bigger person. The beef between them needed to cease.

"I want to..."

"It's okay." She interrupted him. He looked away to stare at her. She seemed different and he was curious to knowing the reason.

"Where did you go? We were worried. Daniel was..." He paused, gathering up his thoughts. The last thing he wanted to do was say something offensive. "I didn't mean to talk to you that way. Back at the hospital. I was just...I was emotional. I was angry mainly for Daniel's sake. Not saying that I personally wasn't worried about you because I was. I just wish you came to us and talked about it. Whatever you were going through. Instead, you just left. That's not setting a good example for your son. He's gonna grow up thinking he should just run away from his problems. You don't want that type of future for him, do you?" She held her head down, taking in the silence around them. "I don't wanna lecture you. I just want you to know that I'm here...Bee is here. We're here for you. You don't have to run away when you're having issues." She lifted her head to meet his gaze; her eyes filled with tears. "I know we've been through a lot. You punched me in the face. TWICE!" She laughed faintly. "I ain't gon' lie. I wanted to punch you back but...ahaha. I know it was done out of love."