MISHAP

Italic - inner monologue

bold - past

Chapter five - MISHAP

November 12, 1998 - A week later

"There's an angellll. It's a miracleee." Justin and the four guys of *N Sync were onstage again performing in New York. "Your love is like a riverrr, peaceful and deeppp. Your soul is like a secret that I never could keeppp. When I look into your eyes I know that it's trueeee. God must have spent a little more time on youuuu." Justin stood at the edge of the stage, holding a fan's hand. She stood there with one hand to her mouth and tears in her eyes.

"I love you, Justinnnn!!!!" She shrieked.

He winked and turned, joining the other guys at the center of the stage.

Ten minutes into their performance, they finished off with one of their hits. I Want You Back.

"It's hard to say I'm sorryyy. It's hard to make the things I did undoneee."

Beyonce stood in front of the mirror in the dressing room observing herself. She had her wardrobe on. Her hair and make-up was done. She was ready to perform with Kelly, Latoya and Latavia. Their first song would be No, No, No."

On their way down the hall, they immediately spotted the five guys of *N Sync rushing in their direction. Sweating and just very hype. "Hola, senoritas!!!" Joey flirted while gesturing a "call me" sign. Justin continued down the hall, quickly ending his phone call with his mother who was in Tennessee the moment he saw Beyoncé. She met his gaze, blushing slightly.

"Hey. Can I talk to you for a second?" She looked over at Kelly, Latavia and Latoya who were proceeding towards the stage without her.

"Um, sure." She followed him down a dim hall. He pushed open a random door which happened to be a janitor's room and pulled her in. "What are you..." He gently pushed her up against the door, wrapping his arm around her.

"I missed you." She could feel his lips on her neck seconds later. Why was he doing this? She had literally five minutes to be onstage and it wasn't easy resisting him.

"Justin, I...." She shut her eyes; her body tingly all over. "We can't. I have to be onstage."

"I know. This is so hard for me." She reached up, grazing his cheek gently with the palm of her hand. "I missed you too. I couldn't stop thinking about you today."

"Really?" She nodded yes, watching him lean in to kiss her.

I don't know. She's MISSING in action!!!

She overheard a voice out in the hall. It was her father Matthew, who happened to be her manager. "Shit. My dad..." She panicked. "I gotta go."