LIKE GLUE

Italic - inner monologuebold - past

bold - past

Chapter eight - Like Glue

December 10, 1998 - An hour and a half later (9:00pm)

Justin sat on the sofa in the living room of his suite talking with Joshua who had left the pool thirty minutes earlier. "She keeps calling me."

"Why are you avoiding her? I thought things were going well for you guys." Joshua spoke, sipping on a bottle of water.

"I don't know." He sighed, sitting back on the sofa. "It's complicated. She's always whining about how I left her. She misses me and I understand that. I just thought it would be best for the both of us if we just broke up. It's not gonna work. I see that now. Besides, I'm interested in someone else now." He quickly looked away to stare at him; silence in the air now.

"You are? Who?" His eyes lit up instantly. "Wait a minute. Is it Brit?" He looked away to stare at him. "I see now. I mean, I understand. The both of you are famous. You have something in common and you know her. You dated her before. It doesn't help that she's hot too. She's improved a lot." He looked away, laughing faintly.

"Well..." He bit his lip in thought. "She has improved, huh?"

"Hell yeah. You saw her ass in those shorts? Just...bam! Those ass cheeks..."

"Joshua..." He broke out laughing. "Chill out, man. She's my ex." He reminded. "Besides that, she's not who I'm..." He hesitated. "It's not Britney."

"What? You're not interested in Brit? Then who is it?" He couldn't tell him. For one, he didn't want rumors to surface and on top of that, he was trying to figure out how to make things right between him, Matthew and her. For some reason, he wanted to prove to Matthew how wrong he was about him.

"Maybe it's nothing. Maybe I'm...maybe we're not meant to be." He sat there, chewing on his inner lip in thought. "I really hate parents sometimes. Always in your business. Thinking they can own you." JC sat there watching him in confusion. He had no idea what he was talking about.

"Are you gonna tell me who this chick is? I really wanna know now. I've never seen you this worked up before over a girl. She must be really...special." He spoke, looking back at the television. "Or just really hot. Ahaha." She was both.

A knock on the door interrupted them. "I'll get it." Justin stood up, approaching the front door. He didn't bother peering out of the peep hole because he knew it was someone he was familiar with. Either one of the guys or the people touring with them.

He twisted the door knob, pulling the door open. His eyes automatically focused in on a familiar woman standing in the hall wearing the same outfit he last saw her in not long ago. A pair of shorts and a t-shirt. "Hey." She flashed him a smile.