KEEP THE PAST IN THE PAST

Italic - inner monologuebold - past

bold - past

Chapter twenty-eight - KEEP THE PAST IN THE PAST

Two and a half months later (November 26, 2015) - Los Angeles, California

It was thanksgiving day and the family were meeting up at our place. Of course we had some last minute shopping to do. I was a little over five months pregnant and we were going to make the announcement at dinner tonight. So I was excited and nervous all together. Ever since the visit at the doctor's that day, Justin had been shopping for boy items and preparing one of the rooms for the nursery. He was so anxious which I thought was cute.

"So when I went online, I saw a twitter post of Bruno Mars. He's so cute." Solange, Justin, Trace and their two bodyguards were all at the grocery store shopping for things for dinner. And of course, they were approached by fans and paparazzi the whole time. "I wonder why you didn't make a song with him. I bet it'll be a classic. Bruno Mars featuring Justin Timberlake."

"Ahaha." He broke out laughing. "Why can't it be Justin Timberlake featuring Bruno Mars?"

"Does it matter?"

"It does. It's like saying Michael Jackson and The Jackson 5." She erupted with laughter.

"But that is true in some sense." Trace spoke up. "Michael WAS the one who made The Jacksons. We all know that." The five of them ambled down the frozen food aisle. "It's like saying Justin Timberlake and *N Sync."

"I..." He pointed to himself. "...made *N Sync. We all know that."

"Oh really?" Beyoncé spoke up. "I thought it was you and JC who made *N Sync. Joshua has talent too. He has a very beautiful voice." He laughed pathetically at her.

"He's not a crooner like me. I got all the girls. Ask Trace. I even helped him get laid a gazillion times."

"It's true. I did get a lot of pussy because of Justin." Tim, one of the bodyguards laughed at the comment.

"Ask Tim. He knows. Tim would stand outside by the hotel. He would be the look out while I invited girls in my room."

"Why did he have to look out?" Solange asked curiously.

"Because we were forbidden to invite girls to our room. Courtesy of Lou Perlman. Our former manager. We had a lot of strict rules. All based on our image. We needed to keep this squeaky clean image for the fans. That's one reason why I couldn't go public with a lot of relationships. Britney turned out to be an accident. Even though we were fucking, we had to lie and say that we were virgins. Like, did they really believe that? Me? Eighteen and a virgin? Ha. Yeah fucking right. I got pussy on a weekly basis."

"And was this before you met me? BEFORE the tour?" He didn't answer promptly which gave her her answer. "You slut."

"What?" They all broke out laughing. "We weren't together. WE barely knew each other."