FRIENDS and LOVERS

Italic - inner monologuebold - past

bold - past

Chapter nine - Friends and Lovers

Two days later (December 13, 1998) - 9:00am

After the encounter with Matthew Knowles, Justin hadn't had the chance to spend time with Beyoncé alone. Matthew kept keeping an eye on her and following her practically everywhere.

Same my name, say my name
When no one is around you
Say baby I love you
If you ain't runnin' game

The four girls of Destiny's Child were in the studio recording a new track for their sophomore album that was due mid next year. Touring and working on a new album around the same time was keeping them busy and exhausted. But it was also keeping Beyoncé's mind off of Justin. Just for the time being.

"What is up with this. Tell the truth. Who you with?" Beyoncé song into the microphone in the sound box. "How would you like it if I came over with my clique." Rodney Jerkins who produced the track sat at the sound box bouncing his head to the music.

"Bee?" He stopped the music.

"Yes, sexy chocolate." She teased with a laugh.

"Ahaha. Cute. Very cute." She chuckled softly while winking at him. "I want you to go back to the beginning. Add a little more attitude. I wanna feel the anger..." She broke out laughing. "I wanna feel like I'm about to get my ass whooped from you. Although, I don't think that'll be such a bad thing." He joked. They all laughed at his comment. "Let's go back to the start."

"No problem, baby." The music began to play. Latoya, Latavia and Kelly were sitting on the sofa talking after recording the chorus. "What is up with this. Tell the truth, who you with? How would you like it if I came over with my clique? Don't try and change it now. See you've gotta bounce. When two seconds ago, said you just got in the house."

"Tell 'em." Rodney spoke, sitting back in his chair.

After the studio session, the four girls were back on the road. Their next destination was the stadium where the concert was being held.

Beyoncé headed down the hall wearing a pair of shades, skin tight shorts, a halter top and boots. Her hair was braided back in the front and hanging lose in the back.

She walked pass a room, hearing voices immediately.

Her curiosity got the best of her because now she was wondering who they belonged to.

She back tracked, peering inside the room to see three guys and one woman standing in the lounge. JC, Joey, Justin and Britney.

"That's not true. You know that." She noticed something. Justin and Britney were standing close in front of one another near the pool table laughing and talking. The way Britney smiled and the way her eyes burnt a hole into Justin like she was SO into their conversation.