*N SYNC & DESTINY'S CHILD LIVE

Italic - inner monologue

bold - past

Chapter two - *N SYNC & DESTINY'S CHILD LIVE

October 14, 1998

You're all I ever wanted

You're all I ever needed, yeah

So tell me what to do now

When I want you back

*N Sync was onstage performing one of their hits. "You're the one I wantttt. You're the one I needddd." Justin song along to the routine. "Tell me what can I doooo. Now."

Beyoncé stood backstage with Kelly, Latavia and Letoya. They were holding hands in a circle praying before their performance. "Amen." She fluttered her eyes open, gazing directly at the three girls around her. "Let's go!! Woo!" They proceeded towards the stage.

Joey ran backstage, covered in sweat followed by JC, Lance, Chris and Justin. "How's the crowd?" Kelly asked JC who walked pass them.

"Alive! Beautiful crowd." Beyoncé met eyes with Justin who headed her way. He was drinking from a bottle of water with a towel hanging from his shoulders. She didn't know why she would get butterflies in her stomach whenever they would see each other. There was something about him. They'd been on tour together for almost three weeks now and they still hadn't gotten acquainted. She was hoping he would ask her out but he seemed too shy. Or maybe he wasn't available. That could have been a reason.

"Hey." He spoke to her. This was a surprise. His first word in three weeks.

"Hi." She bit her lip, trying not to look too interested.

He was just too cute for some reason. The first cute white boy she'd seen in a long time.

She continued towards the stage, hesitantly looking over her shoulder to stare at him. But what she saw, she wasn't expecting. He smiled at her. Right before turning and proceeding down the hall with his friends.

She could hear the music to No, No, No playing onstage. This was their cue to start performing.

January 31, 2014 - Later on (9:00pm)

"Happy birthday to youuuu..." Justin quickly noticed a group of people approaching his table with a cake lit up with candles.

"Oh nooo." He covered his face, laughing faintly.

"Happy birthday to youuu." Beyoncé song along. "Happy birthday dear Justinnnn. Happy birthday to youuuu." He lifted his head to stare at everyone. "How old are you nowww?"

"None of your business." He teased.

"Aw come on. How old are you? Thirty? Thirty-one?" She joked.