FOR TWO

Italic - inner monologuebold - past

bold - past

Chapter twenty-seven - FOR TWO

Four months later (June 5, 2015) - New York, NY

We were having dinner together with close family. It was me, Beyoncé, both our parents, Solange and Daniel. Our three year wedding anniversary was in two months. August 3rd to be exact and I had no idea what I was going to get her. She had everything she wanted. Everything except for that baby we'd been trying for months.

She always seemed happy; Comfortable when we were around family. And I couldn't help but look at her. Admire her. Sometimes she would catch me staring at her and I just stared back. Gazing into those beautiful brown eyes of hers.

Beyoncé stared at the glass of wine sitting in front of her. She only had two sips. She wanted more but was hesitant. Since they'd been trying for a baby for the past months, she didn't want to consume more than she should. Just in case.

She happened to look up to gaze at her husband sitting across from her where his father sat. He was watching her with that smirk on his face.

Sometimes I caught him staring at me and I didn't bother to wonder why. I knew why. We were in love since the day we met and we'd come a long way from being those two immature teens on tour together. A lot prevented us from really being together. For years. The industry for one. The other was ourselves. But we were finally together. Happy.

Very happy.

She looked away to gaze at the waiter standing by their table with a tray of food. "Steak and potatoes..." Randall raised his hand.

"That's me." The waiter sat his plate in front of him.

"Shrimp and lobster Alfredo." Beyoncé lifted her hand.

"I ordered the Alfredo." The waiter sat her plate in front of her. After handing out the food, he offered more refills on their drinks.

For some odd reason, a very keen odor hit her. She looked down to stare at the plate of food in front of her. The aroma was delicious but also very strong. It was like she gained extra sensitivity in her nostrils.

"This salmon is very delicious." Tina sitting next to her daughter spoke. "I think I found my favorite dish."

Justin's eyes landed back on Beyoncé who was just sitting there staring at her food. She seemed a bit disgusted. Which confused him because she was so looking forward to their dinner date earlier. She was talking about how she starving.

"You okay?" She quickly lifted her head to meet his gaze. Everyone at the table had their eyes on her now. Just quiet while enjoying their food.

"You don't look too well." Lynn noticed.

"I'm fine. I just..." She grabbed her fork, twirling a portion of noodles around it. "I'm okay." She sucked it in, trying hard not to show how queasy she was all of a sudden.