CAN'T GET ENOUGH

Italic - inner monologuebold - past

bold - past

Chapter six - CAN'T GET ENOUGH

November 15, 1998 - Three hours later (5:22pm)

"WOAHHHH!!!!" Justin shouted, raising his arms in the air. Up and down. All around and at least one hundred miles an hour.

"Ahhhh!!!!" Britney covered her eyes the moment she recognized a slope ahead. "Oh my god. Oh my god."

"Hold on tight!!!! Woohhhh!!!" JC belted out.

Beyoncé had gotten back to the hotel hours earlier with the girls. They decided to hang out at the pool and drink a little alcohol. "How old are you girls any way?" The handsome waiter spoke, standing on the pool deck with a tray of beverages.

"Old enough." Latoya replied teasingly. "How old are you?"

"I'm not the one drinking, am I?"

"Hmm. Well you look our age." Latavia added. "How old are you?" He shook his head. "Come on. You're not gonna tell us?"

"We wanna know." Kelly spoke. "You look like you can be..." She paused, biting her lip in thought. "You look twenty."

"No. Twenty-two, maybe." Latoya guessed. Beyoncé kept quiet while relaxing on the chair in her bikini and a pair of shades. She had her CD player on her lap and if the girls knew who she was listening to, they would flip. It was a mixed CD that Justin made her. It included nothing but love songs. One song she was listening to at the moment was called, Don't Let Go by En Vogue. One of her favorite songs.

Kelly's eyes wandered off to Beyoncé who was humming at the time with her head rested comfortably on the chair. "Hmm hmm hmmmm. What's it gonna be, 'cause I can't pretenddd."

"Hey." She whispered to Latoya. "Look at Bee. Look." All three of them had their eyes on her. "She's acting so weird, isn't she? Listening to love songs all day."

"Somebody's in loveeee." Latoya teased.

"I wonder who. She doesn't have a boyfriend." Kelly added.

"Hmm. I'm gonna find out." Latavia blurted out, keeping her gaze on her.

"Watch this." Kelly stood up with her empty drinking glass. She collected some pool water with it, carrying it towards Beyoncé who remained seated with her eyes closed. They all watched in surprise as she splashed all the water on Beyoncé. She quickly sat up, removing the headphones from her ears.

"What the hell!" She snapped. They had their eyes on everything else besides her at the time. She slowly removed her shades, eying the three of them closely. "Which one of you heifers did that?"

"Huh?" Kelly looked over at her with a clueless look on her face. "You said something?" Immediately, she knew who was the culprit. It was written all over her face and it didn't help that it was accompanied by a smirk as well.