ROLLERCOASTER OF LOVE

Italic - inner monologuebold - past

bold - past

Chapter twenty-one - ROLLERCOASTER OF LOVE

Author's note: The song that Kiley sings was an actual song she worked on with Timbaland that was never released.

Six months later (March 3, 2009)

Another half a year had passed and Justin's career was blooming. He had collaborated with other artists such as Rihanna, T-Pain, T.I. and Ciara. Beyoncé, on the other hand had just released another album in November and she was busy touring to promote it.

The two hadn't seen one another in a month and whenever they would make plans to meet, something would come up. For example, he planned on flying out to New Jersey since he was currently in California but his manager called him informing him that he had to meet Ciara in New York to record the single release for "Love Sex Magic." So he wasn't happy about that.

"I'm really...bummed out about that. I know I promised to fly out tonight but he just called." He stood out on the balcony of his hotel living room gazing out at the night sky.

"And how long do you think that's gonna take?" Beyoncé's voice echoed in his ear. He had a bad feeling she was disappointed. Upset about this. And he couldn't blame her. The last time they saw one another was a month. Ever since they moved in together, they never went this long without seeing one another. So she wasn't the only one upset about this.

"I don't know. A day or two. I'm not sure. I gotta fly out there and then we have to rehearse for the video. I just got off the phone with Ciara right before you called. I'm supposed to be meeting her at the set tomorrow afternoon."

"Hmm." There was a moment of silence between them. She didn't like this one bit and being that she was in the same position, he thought she would have understood. But it was hard to understand at that moment because she was so frustrated. It had been a whole month since she'd seen him and she was basically yearning for some release. She knew it was selfish but she didn't care. This was the THIRD time they had to cancel plans. Plans to come meet each other. And a part of her was paranoid and believed that he was just coming up with excuses. Excuses NOT to meet up.

"What's wrong? You got so quiet all of a sudden."

"Nothing. I just..." He leaned over the railing; the phone still glued to his ear. "I'm just so tired of this."

"Of what?"

"This!" She raised her voice. "This isn't the first time you had to cancel." He sighed heavily.

"Bee..." He was a bit lost of words. "What do you want me to say? What do you want me to do? You know how these things work. There's a deadline. It's not like I can cancel. I'm featured on the track with her, therefore I need to be on the video as well. She has to record it tomorrow if she wants to make the release date. I'm sorry. I wish there was something else I could do." He paused, waiting for a response from her but got nothing. "If you can't wait, you know you can always meet me there."