LIVE AND LAUGH

Italic - inner monologuebold - past

bold - past

Chapter fifteen - LIVE AND LAUGH

Two years later (November 13, 2006)

Another two years had passed and Beyoncé and Justin had remained friends, hanging out every once in a while when they were free. Justin had just released his sophomore album, Futuresex/Lovesounds. As well as Beyoncé with B'Day. Both albums were released in September a week apart. Which meant the both of them were busy promoting the album with shows.

Beyoncé entered her hotel suite's living room in a robe. Her eyes landed on her father who was still managing her. He sat on the sofa on the laptop while speaking to someone over the phone. Her mother was also in her presence. She sat on the sofa as well going through her booklet of designs she was working on for a clothing line in the works.

She just sat there watching her parents manage her career like the usual. In all honest truth, she probably wouldn't have made it this far without them.

...and while Justin Timberlake's, FutureSex/LoveSounds...

Her eyes immediately landed on the flat screen the moment she heard his name.

The album has been number one on the charts for two months now since the release in mid September with Beyoncé's B'Day taking the spot for over a month then Timberlake reclaiming the number one position up till now.

Justin celebrated his victory at Destino, his new restaurant last week with his new sweetheart, Cameron Diaz. He is also in the works on another tour but NOT before he gets back in the studio and NOT to work on another album BUT to play the part of Artie once again in Shrek 3.

She stood up, making her way to the bedroom. As soon as she entered the bedroom, she heard her phone go off. She quickly grabbed the device from off the dresser, reading the name on the screen. "Hmm." She let it ring three more times before answering it. "Hello?"

"Hey!" The familiar voice nearly made her deaf. Why was he shouting?

"Jesus Christ..." She rubbed her ear soothingly. "Why are you screaming?"

"Hold on!!" She could hear music in the background. Was he at a club? In the morning? "Hello?" She could hear him much better now and the music had stopped.

"What's going on? Why were you screaming?"

"Oh...I was...well I'm shooting a music video. But I was in my dressing room watching television when I saw the news. Ya' boy took the spot again. The number one spot." He boasted. "I reclaimed MY spot." He rubbed in.

"I heard you the first time."

"Ahaha."

"I couldn't help but notice something else. You went to Destino last week. Your new restaurant. The restaurant you were supposed to take me. But you ended up taking your new girlfriend."