BLUE EYED SOUL

Italic - inner monologuebold - past

bold - past

Chapter eleven - BLUE EYED SOUL

Two months later (November 7, 1999)

It was the month of November and the third single out of Destiny's Child was Say My Name. This was the first day of the single release and it was already getting a lot of airplay.

Justin and Beyoncé hadn't seen each other since her birthday. Since she ran off after kissing him. He was too nervous to even call her after that because he was afraid she would tell him to leave her alone. He was dating Britney and their relationship finally went public after months of denial.

It was seven in the evening and there was an awards show being held in Los Angeles. The MTV Awards. A lot of big names were performing, presenting awards and so forth. Chris Rock was hosting that year.

Britney Spears and *N Sync were performing together. Two of their hits, Baby one more time and Tearin' up my heart. BUT Destiny's Child wasn't. They were going to be there though.

"Best art direction in a video goes to..." Buddy Hackett, Heather Donahue, Joshua Leonard and Michelle C. Williams were on stage presenting the award. "TLC WITH NO SCRUBBBSSS!!!" The crowd exploded.

The hit single started to play as the three beautiful women of TLC made their way to the stage.

"A scrub is a guy who thinks he's fly and...also known as a buster." Beyoncé sat in her assigned seat with Kelly Rowland singing along to the song. "Love this song."

Hours later (After Party) - 12:00am MIDNIGHT

"I will have a moscato. Please and thank you." Beyoncé sat in the VIP section with Kelly having drinks. Latoya and Latavia weren't there due to differences. They had actually quit the band and the two new girls that they signed to the group, Michelle Williams and Farrah Franklin didn't attend.

"Ahaha. So look at it this way..." Kelly was busy on the phone talking with someone.

Beyoncé sat in her chair moving along to the music blasting throughout the club. It was a techno version of Ricky Martin's Livin' La Vida Loca.

"Beyoncé?!" She quickly looked away to see a woman standing in the room with a huge grin on her face. Britney Spears. She wore some sort of leather pants and a tight halter top. She looked different since the last time she saw her. And just that quick, she had become popular.

"Brit?"

"Hey!" She ambled towards her. "I KNEW you looked familiar." Beyoncé stood up, embracing her in a hug. "It's so good to see you. How are you?" She pulled away, looking over at Kelly who remained seated. "Hey." She spoke with a wave.

"I'm great. Looks like you're doing well. On tour and everything huh? You were opening for us a while ago. Remember?"

"Yes. Ahaha. It was fun. You mind if I join you?"