BUMPING HEADS

Italic - inner monologuebold - pastbold italic - dream

bold - past
bold italic - dream

Chapter thirty-six - BUMPING HEADS

Six months later (June 19, 2013)

Moments later

Justin had left labor and delivery, residing in his BMW parked in the hospital garage. He sat there listening to music and talking on the phone. Meanwhile, Beyoncé was in the hospital room with Solange and Daniel. "I understand why he's so angry. He really cares about Daniel. He treats him as if he's his own son."

"That didn't give him the right to say what he said. I'm not gonna let that slide. I can't believe he would say that." Beyoncé spoke angrily. "All the shit we've been through. What he put me through before we officially hooked up. He's not perfect. None of us are."

"Where's Justin?" Daniel asked curiously.

"He's somewhere. Acting a fool." Solange laid in bed with Daniel just completely drained of energy.

"I heard her cry." She broke the silence between them. "After I pushed her out. She cried."

"It was a girl?" She nodded, slowly looking away to meet her gaze. Beyoncé could tell she was broken up about this. It was written all over her face. "I wanted to hold her. I...I wanted to keep her." She spoke, tears forming in her eyes. "But I couldn't." Her voice was filled with sorrow. "They wouldn't allow me to hold her any way. Due to protocol. I probably would've wanted to keep her."

"You should've. I mean, I know the father isn't around and all. That shouldn't have determined whether or not the baby stays in your life. I wish I would've saw her. I bet she looked like you."

"I'm starting to regret it."

"Can't you have her back?" She shook her head no.

"I already went through the adoption process months ago. The adopted parents are coming in later to see her. So..." She paused, sighing heavily. "Any way, everything happens for a reason. I didn't want my child growing up without a father."

"It didn't have to be like that. Whomever you decided to be with...who you decided to marry would have treated her like their child. Justin is like a father figure to Daniel and he's not his biological father. But it's your choice. You leaving was your choice and I'm sure you had your reasons. I'm not gonna pretend like it didn't bother me. I was angry. Justin was right about that.

"I'm sorry. For what I did. I shouldn't have left Daniel."

An hour went by and Justin was fire hot. He'd been sitting in the car waiting for his wife and Daniel all that time. He even texted her to check her status but she didn't respond which ticked him off even more. "Fucking unbelievable." He muttered, sending her another text.