Jason McCann Part 2

Start from the beginning

We make it to the airport, I step out to the drop off bay, before I close the door I talk to the driver.

"5 stars." I smile at him and close the door.

I get my bag out of the trunk and walk through the doors of the airport. I check in, go through customs and wait at the gate. I board the plane and sleep for the duration of the flight.

***

We land in (your home city). I get out of the airport and I'm greeted by Za.

"Jason, you haven't changed a bit man." He bro hugs me.

"Neither have you Za."

We drive back to my old apartment that Za's been living in for the past 5 years. The same one I abused (y/n) in.

I unlock the door and walk in. The furniture's still the same, but the place is so much different. It feels empty, not like home. It's unclean, it's missing a woman.

I look over to the old clock we have. 7:30.

I sigh as I lay down on the couch, having to move pizza boxes out of the way.

"Yo bro," Za stays entering the room, "I'll be back later, I'm going to Stephanie's."

"Who's Stephanie?" I ask.

"My new girl, I might not be back tonight, if ya catch my drift." He laughs.

"Okay, well have fun." I sigh.

He leaves. I just lay down on the couch and let my misery take over.

The Next Day

I wake up and take in my surroundings, I'm not in jail anymore, I'm in my living room.

I get up and make my way into the kitchen. I look in the pantry, empty. The fridge, empty. I decide to go for a walk down to the shops.

***

I'm currently in the cereal aisle, I'm deciding whether to get Cheerios or Cap'n Crunch.

"Excuse me." I hear the soft voice of a little girl behind me. I turn around. She's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, she looks familiar. "Can you please help me?"

"Sure sweetie, what do you need?" I ask gently.

"Can you please grab the cookies for me?" She asks politely, pointing to a box of cookies.

"Of course." I take a box off the shelf that's too high for her to reach. "There you go." I say handing it to her.

"Thank you." She smiles, she's adorable.

"No problem."

"(y/d/n)!" I hear an unmistakable voice call.

"I'm here mommy." The girl calls.

Wait...

"Oh there you ar-" She stops when she mets my gaze, her mouth drops. "C-come here (y/d/n)."

(y/d/n) makes her way over to (y/n). She takes her hand and walks away.

I know shouldn't, but I have to talk to her. I follow her. She notices, she walks quickly out of the store, discarding her shopping trolley. She runs to her car and gets in. She locks the door. I nock on the window.

She beeps the horn.

I keep taping on the window.

"Please just let me talk to you." I plead. "I'm not leaving till I talk to you."

She rolls her eyes and rolls down the window a crack.

"What do you want Jason?" She sighs.

"Can you please just get out of the car, I promise I won't hurt you." I say honestly. "I really need to talk to you."

She reluctantly unbuckles her seat beat and gets out.

"What Jason?" She asks, arms folded.

I just hug her, she's shocked and confused.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for everything I did to you. If these last 5 years have taught me anything it's how much I love you. How much I need you. How much I regret everything. Till this day I still have no idea why I'd wanted to hurt you. Drunk or not, there's no excuse for what I did and how much psychological harm you must've dealt with. If you could somehow find it in your heart to give me the slightest bit of forgiveness, or just see how truely sorry I am, I'd really appreciate it." I sob into her shoulder, I never cry, I really mean this.

"Oh Jason, I alway's knew you never mean it. I do forgive you but, I can't trust you. I can't let you be part of my life again."

"It doesn't have to go back to the way it was, but at least just friends or something. I promise, I've changed. I won't hurt you. I just need you to help me change, and I will. I can't do this on my own."

"I don't know."

"Please?"

"Maybe... I mean it's not just my life you'd be getting into. If it was, I'd have no problem, because I do love you Jason. It's just, I don't want you to..."

"To hurt your daughter. I know I've made my mistakes but I could never hurt a child." I pull apart from the hug and dry my tears. "So, um, who's is she?" I hate the thought that she's moved on, I can't blame her though.

"You promise you won't be mad? Or freak out?" She asks shakily.

It must've been one of my enemies.

"I promise." I nod my head.

"She's yours." She breaths out.

My whole world just changed. I have a daughter? But how? I can't have a daughter, I don't deserve one. Especially the little sweet girl in the store. I start to breath heavily.

"Jason calm down." She soothes me.

"S-sorry, it's just. Wow, I can't believe it. But wait, how? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't know, I found out after."

"But, me hurting you, didn't affect her?" I worry.

"No."

"C-can I meet her?"

"I don't know..."

"Please?"

"I don't know. I think I should talk to her first. How about we come over later? You still live at the same place?"

"Yeah." I smile, this might actually happen.

"Will you be home at 6, I can bring dinner."

"That sounds great."

"Okay, I'll see you then."

I smile and hug her.

"Thank you, you won't regret it."

We pull apart and she gets into the car. I quickly go home and clean the place up.

I can't believe it, I have a daughter.

Part 3?

I'm sorry if it's bad.

Comment and Vote!