96

The doctor noticed the blood, and reached out at me, to stop me from having a panic attack, but he was too late, I could hardly breathe and I was sobbing like mad, as he touched me I screamed, and I'm sure they heard me, because they looked at me in horror.

I crawled back as far as I could, away from the man I didn't know, Remus timidly approached me once again, he didn't try and speak, instead he used some paper that was on the table beside me and wrote.

"Please calm down my love, it is going to be ok, I'm here." And instantly, I did, I was breathing normally once again. "The doctor is going to help, ok?" he wrote and I nodded furiously, tears in my eyes, but holding them back as best as I could.

Remus watched me as I uncurled from the ball I was in, the pain was too much and I bit my tongue to stop from crying, the doctor timidly came over and healed me with his wand.

He then spoke to Remus, I watched them carefully, trying to figure out what was happening. Why couldn't I understand?

I carefully took the paper off of Remus, who was now watching me, I took my time to write, seeing as it hurt a lot, "Why can't I understand?" I wrote, tears blurring my vision as I handed it to the love of my life. I noticed Sirius and James on the other side of the room, when did they arrive? Why didn't I notice them until now?

I waved them over, and nervously, they approached, I signalled for them to hug me and James did first. Carefully wrapping his arms around me in a warm embrace, it felt nice, but I wish I could tell him that. Then Sirius did the same, but his hug lasted longer, he pulled away, saying something, but I didn't know what. When he noticed that, he started crying.

I'm sure he was aware that I couldn't understand, but I guess he hoped he would be different, I smiled so weakly that it was kind of pathetic. I turned to Remus, who held the notebook out to me.

I took it and saw the words on the paper, which broke my heart a little, "Your parents used dark magic on you, the doctors are working with aurors to try and figure out what the spell was, and hopefully they'll be able to undo it." And I looked around the room sadly. I could be like this forever...

A few days later, I was still sitting on the bed, but I could move now, I had started walking the day before, and I was mobile, but my body ached like mad. I still couldn't understand or talk, though the doctor had told me (with a pen and paper) that the speaking was more a shock thing, and he could help me with that. But, in terms of the understanding thing, he still didn't know how to fix me.

I was trying my hardest not to give up hope, but it hurt, more than ever.

Remus visited every day, whereas James and Sirius visited every other day, it didn't bother me, because I felt more and more hopeless when I couldn't talk or listen to them. But, Remus was persistent, and I noticed he was getting sadder and sadder as the days went by, it was killing me to see him so sad.