54

Still Remus' p.o.v

When downstairs, Arabella insisted that she did all the cooking, so I sat down and watched, occasionally telling her where things were. It took a few hours, but she was soon finished, and there was pancakes, waffles, toast, eggs and tea and coffee ready.
My parents both walked in, also wearing pyjamas still, they looked around in awe at the wonderful array of foods that Bells had made for them.

"Thank you Arabella." Dad said, and I watched in shock, I looked at Bells, her expression shocked me, she was smiling a large smile.

"You're welcome Lyall, now dig in! Christmas day wont start itself!" we all laughed at her adorable persona, before all sitting around and digging into the delicious foods.

I looked at her wide-eyed as I took the first bite from my waffles, it was amazing! And I could see her blushing as everyone complimented her cooking. She was so bloody adorable.

The morning seemed to fly by, but before I even realised it, we were all handing out and opening presents. I noticed Bells tearing up as she looked at the pile in front of her, I rushed to her side, hugging her softly, "What's wrong darling?" And she wiped her tears away like she always did.

"I've never had any presents before." She mumbled, trying to hide the tears, I looked at her in horror.

"You're parents never gave you any presents?" I asked feeling tears in my own eyes, the poor girl didn't deserve the life she was given.

"No one ever has." Was her response, I hugged her again, before pulling her onto my lap.

"Well, I can help you open them if you would like?" I asked as kindly as I could and she looked at me gratefully. "Ok, what about this one, its from James." I said reading the label, and she smiled at the thought of our friend, nodding briefly.

We went through all her presents, me picking them up, reading who they were from and helping her unwrap them, after a while, she got used to the idea of it and sort of took over. I noticed her pick up my present last, I was nervous to see her reaction, but at the same time very excited.

She carefully took the neat wrapping paper off, looking at the fancy box, she turned to me in shock, "Remus, you really didn't have to!" and I laughed gently.

"You're my everything, you deserve it." I whispered in her ear, making her shiver, but she opened the jewlery box, revealing an expensive silver necklace.

I had it personally made just for her, there was a small leopard which had a saphire eye and on the back was engraved our initials, "R + A" it had cost me a lot, but it was worth every bit.

I heard a small gasp escape her lips, before she turned around and hugged me tighter than ever. "Oh Remus, thank you, thank you, thank you!" she was happier than I imagined and I laughed as she hugged me tightly.

"I love you Bells." I whispered, meaning every word.