38

The next few days were slow and cold, Lily and I had brought expensive dresses in Hogsmeade and we were both excited to dress up. On the day itself, I woke up early, rushing to the hospital wing, I was getting the bandages officially taken off today, and I was beyond excited.

Once there, Poppy laughed gently, before carefully unraveling the clean bandages. Once they were all off, I looked down at my arm. The scars were still evident, but werent the harsh red that they had been the day before, they were finally healed. I traced my finger gently over the deepest scar, it was long and went from the top of my shoulder, and down across my chest. It was a mighty scar, but I wasn't ashamed of it, I was almost proud. I had received this proving my friendship and loyalty. I loved Remus, and I was protecting him from himself, so I was proud of it.

I just wish he knew that.

Once I was dismissed, I went to the great hall, sitting down on the Gryffindor table, eating some fruit, none of my friends were around, so I simply looked around the hall at the few students who were still here, they all looked either unhappy or surrounded by friends.
I continued studying the hall, and noticed the wonderful Christmas tree near the staff table, it was decorated wonderfully. The baubles varied from red, green, yellow and blue – the house colours – I personally thought it was wonderful. And to top it off, there was a wonderful star on top, it flickered in the lighting, and I smiled at the Christmas spirit.

"Good morning Bells." Broke my train of thought, I turned and saw Sirius smiling widely at me. He sat down quickly and began helping himself to food. "Why are you up so early?" he asked with a mouthful of food.

"I got my bandages off!" I declared before adding, "I could ask you the same question." And he chuckled, before shrugging it off absentmindedly.

"How bad are they?" he turned serious at the mention of my injury. He was studying my face and arm in concern.

"I personally think they are great!" I said enthusiastically and he looked at me in complete shock.

"You are one of a kind Bells." He finally said and laughed, before silently eating his bacon.

Once I had officially finished eating, I said goodbye to Sirius and rushed back to my dorm. Lily was already awake, and I could hear her showering in our bathroom. I quickly laid down on my bed, with my hair trailing over the edge. I began humming a random tune. I was waiting for Lily, I knew she had planned the whole day to pamper ourselves and get ready for tonight.

The thought of tonight was exhilarating, I was going to a party, with Remus... The guy I loved! It was nerve-wracking and the only reason I agreed to Lily's extreme treatment, is because I wanted to make sure that I impressed Remus tonight.