31

Once I had returned from the kitchens again, I sat down in the common room, there was no one around, but it really didn't bother me, I was exhausted. I watched the fire carefully, it was flickering away fluidly, I was mesmerized by the flames, I didn't realise that someone sat beside me.

"You alright Bella?" I turned my head at the unusual nickname, Lily was looking at me shyly, "I'm sorry, I just thought I'd be different, Bells is what the boys call you... and..." She was stuttering but I interrupted her with a giggle, and I saw her relax immediately.

"It's alright Lily, it's nice." I nodded, and she blushed slightly, "What are you up to?" I asked kindly and she crossed her legs below her, watching the fire also.

"Not much, I just got bored of the library." She said and I mock gasped, and she rolled her eyes, "I thought we could hang out?" she asked, I could tell she was begging, so I nodded.

"But, I promised the boys I would help them with something later." I said and she nodded in understanding, before taking my hand and dragging me up the stairs to our dorm.

"Sit down!" she commanded and I giggled but quickly sat down on her bed, where she was pointing. She rummaged through her stuff for quite some time, before pulling a couple of bottles of nail polish out of her bag, I watched her carefully. "What colour?" she asked and I looked at the choice, I didn't often do my nails, so I simply shrugged, she rolled her eyes and picked up a dark purple, almost black colour. She then carefully began doing all kinds of things to my nails.

When she finished painting them, she used her wand to dry them quickly, and I watched in awe, how bizarre. "Would you like me to do yours? I mean, I'm awful, but I can try." I said shyly, and she giggled.

"You don't have to, I'll do mine, we can just talk." She said and I sighed in relief, causing her to laugh at me. We then began aimlessly talking about random things for the next few hours.

Later that night, I was laying on her bed, my head was hanging off the end, and my hair was falling down below me, she was gossiping still, although I was bored, I didn't say a word, she was having fun, that's all that mattered. I briefly looked at the time, "Shit, Lily, I've got to go!" I exclaimed in shock, I had ten minutes to get to the whomping willow, why didn't they shout for me?!

I didn't look back, I sprinted out of the dorm, ignored the students in the common room, and ran faster than I ever had through the corridors, I stumbled multiple times, I ignored the protests from the odd portrait on the wall. I luckily made it past without Filch seeing me.

Once outside, I gasped, the full moon was already up. Fuck.

I looked around briefly, making sure no one was watching, before changing into my animagus form. I then ran as fast as I could to the whomping willow. I didn't think twice about stopping, I dived through the gap under the tree, it hit me harder than ever, but I ignored the pain that was now in my knee.

I rushed up the stairs in the shrieking shack, listening for the loud growls and barking. When I found them I gasped, Remus was manic tonight, Sirius was already bleeding from his back, I watched as James ran at the furious werewolf.

I rushed to Sirius' side, he was whining quietly, I quickly nudged him, making sure he was ok. His eyes widened when he saw me, he looked terrified for me. I turned around when I heard a loud thump, James had been thrown across the room and was now struggling to get up.

Before Remus could hurt himself, I let out a roar, the werewolf's eyes immediately found me. I saw James collapse in defeat, he had hurt his leg badly, it was up to me now.