41

Arabella's p.o.v

Remus gave me a heart warming smile, and it made me blush, he held his hand out for me, and I delicately took it. He blushed at my touch, "You look glorious." He complimented and I blushed a dark shade of red, looking down in embarrassment, I felt his fingers gently lift my chin up, "Don't look away, I mean it, you're wonderful." He said so only I could hear, with a blush on my cheeks, I smiled and held his hand, and he squeezed it gently.

We all said goodbye to Sirius, before Lily and James led the way, with Remus and I following, to Slughorns party. Remus and I walked a few paces behind, and we talked about all kinds of things, it was pleasant.

Once we arrived, people who were already there turned to look at us. Slughorn was already talking to Lily, but when he noticed me, he dropped the conversation quickly and waddled to my side.

"Arabella, my dear, you look wonderful!" Slughorn complimented and I thanked him kindly, and he began talking small talk with Remus and I.

When we finally escaped him, Remus bowed slightly and asked, "Would you care to dance?" I could see he was nervous, and I was too, but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to be in his arms.

"I would love that." I said with a small curtsy, he chuckled slightly, before nervously taking me to the dance floor where couples, including the extremely loved up Lily and James, were dancing already.
He softly placed his large hand onto my waist, and I saw him blushing at the action, and with the other hand, he held mine delicately. The music began and we began to dance, at first there was some tension, but no longer than a second later, I began to feel free and calm.

I felt higher than a kite, and in that moment, nothing could bring me down. It was cheesy to say, but it was just Remus and I there, and I never wanted this moment to end.
He was shy, but it was totally adorable, and I wanted to kiss him more than ever, but he didn't like me like that, and I didn't blame him.

After multiple songs, Remus and I went to get a drink, with a bubbly drink in my left hand, and my right firmly placed in Remus' we walked to a balcony, which looked over the grounds. No one was out there, so we looked at the stars in silence.

"Arabella," Remus began and I got nervous, he never said my full name, I studied his face, it was crimson red, and he was clearly anxious. He coughed before blurting out, "I think you're wonderful." He quickly turned away in shame, but it was an innocent compliment, and something inside of me built up the courage to take my next move.

I moved so I was standing in front of him, and I placed my drink down, with both my hands, I gently made him look at me, I whispered, "I think you're wonderful too." Before leaning up and kissing his lips, it lasted two seconds most, but I felt alive and crazy happy afterwards. I took a step back, my face now red too, had I made a mistake?

Was kissing Remus, the wrong thing to do?