35

Arabella's p.o.v
Later

I woke up, but this time, I wasn't screaming or convulsing. I was still in pain, but it was bearable now. I turned my head slowly, and on the seat beside the bed, sat Remus, I noticed that he was holding my hand carefully, he had red rimmed eyes and he looked exhausted. I didn't want to wake him, but I needed to know what the hell happened.

"Remus." My voice was more croaky than I could imagine, at first I didn't think he heard me, but he slowly fluttered his eyes open, when he saw me looking at him he gasped and looked more awake already.

"Bells! Oh goodness! I need to get Poppy!" he said in a rush, I smiled weakly as he rushed to get the nurse. I looked to the other side, seeing James and Sirius, fast asleep still. I didn't have the energy to wake them, so I stared at the ceiling and fazed out.

Before I could count to ten, Remus was back with Madame Pomfrey, she checked my bandages, I looked at my shoulder in horror, there was thousands of scratches and scars all across my shoulder, down my arm and on my collar bone. Fuck.

I looked away quickly, catching Remus' eye, he was tearing up and I saw guilt filling his expression, but suddenly I didn't care what happened to me, I would make him understand, that I would never stop fighting for him, he was too important for me to leave alone.

I didn't care about the scars on my arm, I didn't care, because Remus was alive and safe, and that is all that matters.

I wasn't really paying attention, but suddenly Madame Pomfrey spoke, "You'll have to come back every day, so I can clean the bandaging and make sure it doesn't get infected, there is nothing I can do about the scars, I'm sorry love." She said with a sad smile, and I looked at my shoulder, which had been bandaged once again.

"When will the bandages come off?" I ask calmly, I didn't want to wear them to Slughorn's party.

"Two or three days, youll be fine for the party love." She winked and I giggled slightly. "You can go now." She said walking away. I got up with the help of Remus, who wouldn't look me in the eye, he was ashamed.

"We should wake them." I giggled and he nodded silently. I walked to them slowly, when I got to their sides, I gently shook them, but it panicked them nonetheless.

Sirius jumped up and I stumbled back in shock, I laughed when he saw me, his eyes wide and happy. "Oh Bells! Thank Merlin!" he said hugging me gently, avoiding my bad shoulder completely. James, who was standing behind him, sent me a large smile, but was too afraid of hurting me to attempt to hug me.

We finally made it out of the hospital wing, the boys were silent, and it was unbearable.
"Lets go to the kitchens, I want some cookies." I declared and they smiled at my childishness, but nonetheless we headed to the kitchens. Sirius started joking around and soon James and Remus were laughing again.

What killed me the most, was that Remus refused to look at me, it hurt me more than the scars I now had on my arm.