63

By the end of the day, I was disorientated and confused with lack of sleep and lack of food. I was stumbling around but hiding it the best I could.

Sirius and James were walking in front of me, laughing about a prank they had played earlier in the day, they werent paying attention to me, so hadnt noticed me odd behavior.

I felt myself trip over something, my vision was blurry and full of spots, so I collapsed onto the ground, my books spilling out across the hall, and my body screamed in pain as I hit the cold stone ground.

I heard my two friends keep walking, not noticing my now immobile body. I wanted to cry out to them, but the world was spinning around me and it was all so blurry and bright. I felt my eyes fluttering closed, I tried not to, but I couldn't help but fall into unconsciousness.

Sirius' p.o.v

I was laughing about something that James said, when I decided to check on Bells, she was being really quiet, I turned and gasped at what I saw, she wasn't there. I hit James' arm, causing him to look around too. We were in an empty hall near the Gryffindor tower, where the hell did she go?

Oh god... did Lucius get her!?

"Remus is going to kill us." James mumbled and I paled at the thought of an angry Remus.

"Let's get the map!" I said, grabbing his arm and dragging him up the stairs. It took us a few minutes to sprint to our dorm, and when we crashed into it, we didn't notice Remus watching us curiously and in shock. "Where is it!?" I demanded and James dug it out from his bag.

"What's going on!?" Remus suddenly spoke up and James and I began to panic.

"Oh nothing, uh... we're just... uh looking for someone." James stumbled over his words, he was obviously freaking out and Remus noticed.

"What happened?" He said seriously and I looked at James who was pale and sweating slightly.

"We... might have lost Bells..." I whispered and Remus swore before grabbing the map from James, and frantically looking at the map.

"There," Remus pointed at her, she was across the other side of the castle, "Let's go." He said angrily, because we had left her there.

And we all ran out of the dorm, faster than ever.
It took us a good twenty minutes to get to her, and when I saw her, I visibly paled.

"Get away from her," Remus growled at the tall blonde.

"Calm down, I was just checking she was alive." Lucius responded calmly.

"By the sound of it Malfoy, you want her dead anyway, so why do you care?" I heard myself say angrily.

"You don't get it," He began, standing up in anger, "I don't want her dead! I want her safe." And James laughed sarcastically at his comment. "It's my parents that want her dead." He shouted angrily, but Remus ignored him, rushing past the aggressive boy, and kneeling next to his girlfriend, checking her pulse, and looking to see if she was injured.

James got his wand out and pointed it at Lucius, "Get out of here Malfoy, go near her ever again, I will kill you." And I nodded in agreement.

Lucius began to walk away, but stopped suddenly, looking at Remus directly in the eye.

"Protect her, please." It was the most caring I had ever heard him before, and I could see Remus looking shocked, but he nodded in response, before Lucius left and we fell into a anxious and confused silence.