17

The next few days went by slowly, I would hardly eat, I'm surprised none of my friends noticed. Apart from the lack of food, I was doing ok. Or at least, I acted ok. I was tired, and memories of that night with Lucius haunted me during the day and during the night.
I hadnt seen him yet, and I feared that if I did, I would panic and end up dead. I didn't want to see him anymore, afraid that he might finally kill me. His words still tormented me, "Good luck little Belle." What did that mean? I wanted to ask Dumbledore, but I knew that would only make Lucius hate me and hurt me more.

"Bells?" I heard a voice croak, I turned my head, seeing Sirius standing there, about to light a cigarette, like the one in my thin hand. "You shouldn't be alone!" he said annoyed, sitting down next to me, on the cold hard ground.

I hadnt told anyone exactly what happened, I know they were curious, but I couldn't say it out loud without the fear of collapsing. I'm just glad they never forced me to tell them anything.

"Are you ok?" He asked softly, and I felt like crying all over again, I turned to look at the lake, afraid that eye contact would give me away. Before I could respond, he carried on, "I don't know what happened that night Bells, but you know we all love you right? The others told me to let you be, not to push you, but they havent noticed that you arent eating! You hardly laugh, the only time I see you happy is when you're with Remus." He blurted out, I looked at him in complete shock.

"It's complicated Sirius." I muttered, and he put his arm around my shoulders, pulling my cold self into his side. "I don't know what happened, not really." I didn't want to be speaking, but I couldn't stop myself. "It was Lucius." I managed to get out, and as I did, my world tore apart, tears burst from my eyes, and my walls collapsed.