95

Arabella's p.o.v

I heard people around me, talking to one another, but it all sounded so confusing and unreal, I tried to open my eyes, to see where I was, but for some reason, my eyelids wouldn't budge.
I wanted to scream in frustration, not understanding the people around me and unsure as to where I was.

It took me a few more tries, but eventually I managed to open my eyes, though I wish I hadnt, the room was brighter than I imagined and I wanted to scream in pain, I reckon someone noticed me and rushed over to me.

It was a kind looking lady, she had dark brown hair, tied up in a tight bun, she was speaking to me as she helped me sit up, but nothing made sense, I looked at her in confusion, her words merged and twisted together. She must have realised that I didn't understand, because she began to look more worried. She rushed out of the room, soon to return with a tall man, who looked professional, he was a doctor.

He sat down on the chair beside my bed and tried talking to me, like the nurse had. I tried to focus on his lips, trying to figure out what he was saying, but my head hurt at the concentration. He must have noticed, because he spoke to the nurse for a few minutes, before she rushed out of the room.

"Where's Remus?" I tried to speak, but nothing came out of my mouth, I tried again and again, and the doctor noticed my distress. He tried to calm me down, but I couldn't speak, I couldn't understand him, and all I wanted was my boyfriend and my best friends.

He put his hand on my arm to try and calm me down, but I panicked and thrashed around in his grip, I didn't want to be touched, it hurt too much, and I was scared.

"Remus!" I tried to scream, but not a single sound left my mouth, I felt trapped in my own body, confused and so alone.

Whatever my family did to me, hurt more than death. I was scared.

The door crashed open and in rushed Remus, he must have been told I was awake, he rushed to my side and I looked at him in shock, he was here. He tried to talk to me, and once again nothing made sense.

I started crying, more than I ever had. I was so alone, so afraid.

"Help me!" I tried again, but Remus looked at me in shock, he couldn't hear me, and I couldn't understand him. I was sobbing at this point, as the doctor told Remus what was happening – or at least, I hoped he did – I wanted my life back, I wanted to be ok.

I curled up in a ball, ignoring the fire-like sensation that rushed through my body as I moved, I ignored the blood that began leaking from my stomach as I cried, rocking back and forth in a ball, hoping this was just a bad dream and that I would wake up soon to find Remus by my side, telling me how much he loved me...

But, I didn't wake up. I was alone and I didn't know what to do.