37

The time in the hospital wing went quickly, and Lily looked horrified when she saw the scars for the first time, but she never left and held my hand as Poppy put bandages on me again. "They will be able to come off tomorrow." She said and I gave her a weak smile.

We left quietly and Lily led me back to the common room in silence, once there, we sat down near Remus, who was still reading silently, Lily could sense the tension, and quickly excused herself.

I watched Remus for a moment, and I noticed that he was re-reading the same page over and over again, he was distracted.

"Remus," I spoke, my voice was croaky and it sounded as if I were about to cry, this caught his attention immediately. "Please don't hate me." I stuttered, feeling my tears building up, I felt weak, but the idea of him hating me, broke my heart.

"I would never hate you Bells! If anything, you should hate me." He said, also with tears in his eyes. Before he could say anything else, I jumped onto his lap, wrapping my arms around him tightly, I felt his strong arms wrap around me extremely gently, completely aware that I was in pain.

"I could never ever hate you Remus! I'm just glad you're ok." I said, tears rushing down my cheeks now. He pulled back slightly, our faces were extremely close, but it didn't bother me at all, he studied me carefully. He gently placed his hand on my cheek, and with his thumb he gently wiped away my tears.

"I should be worrying about you, not the other way round." He said and my heart fluttered dramatically, he looked at me carefully and silently, I stared back, wanting to know what he was thinking.

Because, all I was thinking about was how much I wanted to kiss him.

"I'm fine Remus, you know that, I'm stronger than I look." I said confidently and he smiled his breathtaking smile.

"I don't doubt it for a second." He said and I smiled a big grin, he stroked my cheek gently, and I shivered at his gentle touch. Why was he so wonderful?

"Whoa, am I interrupting?" James said as he crashed into the common room, and I blushed furiously, quickly jumping off Remus and sitting at the other side of the chair, I heard James laughing hysterically at our actions, "Well, carry on, I'm going out." He said with a chuckle and quickly left the room.

I looked across at Remus, he was staring at the fire, his face was bright red, it was bloody adorable.

He was bloody adorable.