53

Dinner felt tense at first, but I broke it as I told everyone funny stories about Remus' at Hogwarts, although he was clearly embarrassed, I noticed that he was also grateful that I was trying to break the tension. Once I had, the meal was rather pleasant, as Hope and occasionally Lyall told me funny anecdotes from Remus' childhood.

Once the meal was over, Remus made us both a hot chocolate and we returned to my room. I asked him why we didn't go to his room, but he simply shrugged it off.
We both sat down, and I curled into his strong arms, listening to his fast heartbeat. We were silent, occasionally sipping on hot chocolate and occasionally he would lean down and kiss my head. But apart from that, we enjoyed each others company in silence.

Remus' p.o.v

I was lost in thought as the beauty in my arms drank hot chocolate and cuddled into my side. I was the happiest I ever had been, she was everything to me, and I never wanted today to end. She tried so hard to please my parents, but she didn't need to try at all with me, I was head over heels in love with her.

I looked down at her after a while, noticing that she was fast asleep, I took the nearly empty mug of hot chocolate from her gentle grasp, before she could spill it on herself. I kissed her head softly, hoping not to wake her, before once again getting lost in thought, praying that I didn't wake her.

I must have fallen asleep, because I was woken early the next morning as Bells jumped up and down on the bed squealing with excitement, if it was anyone else I would have groaned and fallen back asleep, but she looked so magnificently happy and I didn't want that to ever stop, so I sat up with a grin, watching her jumping up and down squealing about it being Christmas day. I looked at the clock on the wall and noticed it was nearly six in the morning, way too early, but I didn't mind, because she was here, and I would stay awake for the rest of my life if she asked me too.

I grabbed her leg, making her trip and fall, but I caught her easily, and she looked at me with a mock glare, I kissed her nose playfully and she burst out laughing in pure happiness. "Now, although I love being in your company, it is ridiculously early darling." I said and she teasingly rolled her eyes and I laughed gently at her childish behaviour.

"It's never too early on Christmas day." She pointed out and I laughed.

"You've got a point my love." I said and she grinned deviously. "Now, what was your plan to do this early in the morning?" and I saw her look worried, I laughed, knowing she had nothing planned. "Come on then, lets go make breakfast for everyone." And she squealed before grabbing my hand and physically dragging me downstairs before I could even move.

I couldn't help but smile in awe, she was perfect and I adored her.