28

Remus' p.o.v

"I want to go for a walk! Someone come with me?" the pretty blonde sitting on me spoke up, I had never been this close to a girl before, as pathetic as that sounds, it didn't feel weird at all, not with Arabella, she was beautiful and I adored her, but she was out of my league and she would never love someone like me. She smelled wonderful, which sounds weird, but she truly did.
She captivated me in every single way. Suddenly her pale eyes found mine, I laughed at her adorable puppy eyes, they made my heart go mental, I nodded, unable to speak at her closeness.
She jumped off me, wrapping her scarf around her neck, she looked adorable, she always looked adorable. She put her hand out for me to take, with a blush I took her tiny hand in my much larger ones, and we walked out of the common room, leaving our friends behind.

"Where are we going?" I asked suddenly, curious.

She giggled her wonderful giggle and responded, "No idea." And I laughed, she was wonderful, and she always surprised me, she was one of a kind, that's for sure.

"You're full of surprises" I mumble to myself, hopefully she didn't hear. "Lets go to the lake." I suggested, I always loved it there. She nodded happily and I felt my heart flutter, she was amazing.

Once we got there, she started rummaging in her bag, I noticed the lighter in her hand and looked at her sadly, she was destroying herself, and it killed me to watch. Without thinking, I placed my hand on her arm gently, she looked at me shocked, "Please don't." I mumbled, my heart hurt at the destruction she was causing herself, she was beautiful and wonderful in so many ways, but she was killing herself with smoke. She nodded without speaking, it shocked me, but I was grateful.

We studied the lake in silence for quite some time, but she spoke, "When's the next full moon?" I sighed at the thought, I was already feeling uptight and tired and it wasn't for a few days, it was going to be a tough one.

"Monday" I grumbled out, I heard her small gasp, but she didn't speak, she was lost in thought for a second, but she suddenly put her hand in mine, squeezing it supportively.

That's what I loved about Arabella, she was kind, more than most people. Especially for someone who had been treated so poorly her whole life, she would give anything up for her friends, and I admired her for it.

Everything about her made me love her more and more, she was beautiful, kind, never judges anyone, she stays strong when she has every right to fall apart, she loves her friends, shes brave, she has the most amazing smile and laugh, and god, she makes me so happy.

In that moment, I realise:
I love her.