71

Remus' p.o.v

As soon as Arabella left the hall, Sirius and James began teasing me, saying I got jealous over a third year. For some reason I got defensive and snapped, "It's not about that third year, its about everyone." They looked at me in shock and confusion, "It's about the other hundreds of much better guys in this castle." I said suddenly feeling sad and scared.

"What do you mean?" James said, sounding confused.

With a sigh, I continued, "Everyone knows she deserves better than me," I began and Sirius tried to protest but I continued, not letting him speak, "She is the kindest and most admirable person in this castle, she is beautiful and every guy in this castle adores her! She may not see it, but its obvious." At this point I felt like crying, but I continued, "Any single one of them is better than me! I'm a monster!" I whispered harshly, with tears in my eyes. "I'm scared I'll lose her, because I'm nothing compared to them." I finished talking as tears rolled out of my eyes.

Silence fell upon us, and I didn't dare look at my two friends. I didn't want pity, I didn't know what I wanted...

"That's bloody ridiculous." Sirius said and I looked at him in shock, he was being serious and that was rare in itself, with one look at his face I knew he was being sincere. "She loves you Remus, more than you seem to know! She doesn't see any of the other stupid pricks in this castle, because all she sees is you! Trust me its rather annoying." He said with a smirk, and I looked at him shocked.

"You mean it?" I whispered in an almost childlike innocence and they both laugh whilst nodding frantically.

We once again fell into silence, but now I was filled with warmth... maybe I was just being insecure... of course.

Later

We were all sitting in the common room, talking about random things, when a really excited Bells runs in, with the biggest grin on her adorable face.

I felt a flutter in my stomach at the sight... I was so incredibly lucky to have her... she was truly the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as an excited and out of breath Arabella jumped onto the chair, sitting in between Sirius and I.

"Well, what is it?" Sirius said with a smile on his face, happy to see his best friend so cheery.

"You'll never believe it!" she said with glee and once again I found myself smiling at her happiness. "Oh you really won't!" she giggled and I put my arm around her instinctively.

"Spit it out!" James said with a chuckle and she looked around the room, studying each of our faces carefully.

"I'm going to meet a dragon!" She squealed and suddenly my happiness vanished and was immediately replaced with anxiety.

There was a deathly silence that filled the room, as she once again studied our faces, her large grin faltering as she looked at each of our shocked and terrified expressions...

"What's the matter?" she asked, looking around now without a grin, but instead with a look of concern. None of us answered and it was if a switch went off inside her mind.
"I will be perfectly safe you know..." she drifted off as we all stared at her skeptically.

She was meeting a dragon... how could she possibly be safe?