29

Arabella's p.o.v

Remus was silent for a long time, probably thinking about the pain that the transformation would cause, I had suffered the cruciatus curse, but I couldn't imagine how much pain he had to go through every full moon. I felt tears in my eyes at the thought. Remus was a wonderful person, he never deserved this burden.

I looked across the lake, it was still and calm and I wanted nothing more than to be at peace like it was. The beauty was breathtaking, but it just felt ten times better with Remus beside me, he made everything better. My bad days weren't so bad when he was there. That sounds stupid, but Remus made me happier than most people ever could. I don't know what I would do without him.

"Bells?" He suddenly spoke, and I looked over at him, he was already staring down at me, his perfect eyes glistened and kindly watched me. "What are you going to do when we all leave for Christmas?" he asked, I felt sad at the thought of them all leaving me, even if it was only for a little while.
It was strange, I had spent most of my life completely alone, yet now that I knew what having friends felt like, I didn't ever want to be alone again, in fear of falling apart.
"I don't know, probably sleep a lot." I said jokingly, hoping to lighten the mood, trying my best not to think of my oncoming loneliness. He watched me carefully, his eyes seemed to glaze over in thought, I nudged him gently, worried about his sudden fazing out.

"Sorry, I was just thinking." He mumbled, looking back over to the lake, it was weird, and I was curious as to what he was thinking about, but I didn't want to question him, so for a moment longer I watched him carefully, before also turning to look at the lake.

We stood there for a few minutes when suddenly he said, "Come home with me." I gasped at his suggestion, turning my head to see him blushing furiously and avoiding eye contact.
"I mean, if you want... you can stay over mine... my parents wouldn't mind." He stumbled over his words, and it was bloody adorable.

Before he could continue rambling, I spoke up, "You really mean it?" I asked and he finally looked back at me, he was still a dark shade of red, but he was smiling weakly now. He nodded simply and I jumped into his arms, I hugged him tightly, tears in my eyes, "Yes! Of course I will! Oh thank you Remus! You're the best!" I squealed and I heard him laugh at my eagerness. He was hugging me back, and I never wanted to leave his embrace.

Remus was everything that I wanted, I truly loved him... wait what?

I love him.