51

Arabella's p.o.v

Remus handed me a large warm sweater and a coat as well as his Gryffindor scarf, I thanked him kindly as I put the warm clothes on. I was so ready to go play in the snow and I was thrilled that Remus allowed me to, he was so thoughtful and I loved him dearly because of it.

Once I was dressed I waited patiently for Remus to return, when he did he was also wearing a warm jumper and coat, but it didn't look huge on him, like it did on me. I spun around, showing him my outfit with a giggle, and he looked at me in awe, which made me blush crimson.

"You look beautiful." He mumbled, before snapping out of his thoughts and smiling his wonderfuly smile. I blushed at his compliment, then quickly grabbing his hand and dragging him down the stairs.

It was December 24th and tomorrow was Christmas day, but Lyall was still at work, and Hope was busy in the kitchen, preparing for tomorrows meal. She smiled at us, seeing us looking warm and ready for the cold weather outside.

"There's some pancakes on the side, help yourself." She smiled kindly, and I helped myself to a couple, eating quickly so that I could finally know what it felt like to play in the snow.

I had never played in the snow before, because at home my parents never allowed me to, and at school, I never had friends to play with, so I never did.

I pushed the negative thoughts out of my mind, before looking at Remus excitedly. He noticed my impatience and put his knife and fork down with a smile.

We thanked Hope before crashing out into the garden. It was large and there was more snow than I had seen in years. It had yet to be marked with footprints so ignoring the fact that I was no longer five years old, I jumped around, making thousands of boot prints all over the fresh snow. I heard Remus laughing, and I turned to look at him, blushing.

He noticed that I had stopped, so grabbed my hand, before joining in and doing what I was doing a moment ago. With a laugh, we continued acting like children. It was the most fun I had in a long while.

When we were tired of running around aimlessly, Remus suggested we made a snowman, with an excited squeal, I began trying to roll snow, but grew annoyed as it kept crumbling after a few seconds.
Remus noticed my anger and rushed to my side, showing me how to do it without it collapsing, and together, we rolled the snow into a neat ball.

It took us around an hour to perfect the snowman, and once we had I squealed in happiness, there stood a marvelous creation, it was taller than I was, because Remus insisted to keep rolling it until it was huge. I turned to look at Remus, but he wasn't looking at the snowman, he was looking at me in complete awe, I blushed but he continued to stare, lost in thought.

I smiled as an idea crossed my mind. I leant down quickly before stuffing snow into his face, it shocked him so much, that he stumbled back and ended up falling over a bush, I burst out into laughter as Remus mock glared at me from the ground.

I offered him my hand but it was a mistake, because he dragged me down and I landed on top of him with a gasp. He laughed at my shocked expression, before quickly leaning up and pecking my lips softly.