30

Monday hit us like a sledge hammer, Remus was the worst I had ever seen him, he was screaming and groaning all day, I stayed by his side as much as I could, but some times he got fed up and told me to leave, I understood and I didn't want to bother him, so I would leave sadly and find Sirius and James, who would try and cheer me up, saying it wasn't personal and he didn't want to upset me... but I couldn't deny that I felt heartbroken.

I had just gone down to the kitchen, to get him some food, I was determined to make him eat, he hadnt eaten much in the last few days and I was worried, the other two boys told me not to panic, that he would be completely fine, but I cared too much about him, so I rushed to the kitchens, asking for food, once I had got it, I rushed back to the Gryffindor tower and to Remus' side.

He was complaining a lot, Sirius and James were in there, and they were clearly frustrated with him, "Its ok, you can leave." I said to them quietly, and they sighed in relief, rushing out of their room, to who knows where. "Hello Remus," I said quietly but he still heard. He didn't reply, just groaned, I sat myself down on the chair next to his bed. "I've got some food for you..." I began but was cut off.

"I don't want it." He grumbled, annoyed and in pain.

"Remus, you have to eat!" I said firmly and he rolled his eyes at me, it annoyed me, but I understood that it was his condition, I had to try and stay calm. "I'm going to help you sit up, ok?" I said, and he grumbled something inaudible, I placed the food down on the table beside his bed, and helped him sit up. It took some time, but I made sure I was gentle and tried not to hurt him.

Though the room was dark, I could still see his blushing face, and even at a time like this I thought he was attractive... pushing that thought aside, I picked up the food, and began to help him eat it. At first, he turned his head away, but I eventually got him to take a bite, and once he had, his hunger returned to him, and I helped feed him the whole plate of food.

"Wasn't that difficult, was it?" I said with a grin, and he grumbled a response, I chuckled very quietly, before placing the plates to the side. "Would you like me to leave?" I asked calmly and hoping he would let me stay.

"No, stay." He said sincerely, it made me blush slightly, but I tried my best to hide it. "You're a really good friend Bells." He whispered, and I felt my heart crack slightly at the word 'friend' but I ignored it.

"I'd do anything for you Remus," I said meaning every word, after a long silence, I helped him lay back down, "Get some sleep." I said, stroking his hair gently and soothingly, it usually helped him fall asleep on the full moon days. It didn't take him long before he was softly snoring. I smiled weakly, looking around the room, it was dark and cold, but it felt cozy and I liked it greatly.

I silently stood up and took the dirty dishes from beside him, and began on my journey to return them to the kitchen.