59

I followed Lucius for a while, before he pushed me forcefully into an empty one. He turned to Bellatrix and told her to leave us alone. I sat on the chair, watching his every movement in fear. He wouldn't hurt me too badly, would he? Not here... surely?

He calmly sat down across from me, and I watched him, the fear becoming suffocating. I hid it the best I could, but it was difficult.

He carefully studied my every breath. For a while, he simply stared at me, and I stared back.

His white blonde hair was longer than when I last saw him, and he looked stronger and more pale. He was nothing like he was as a child... and that made me so sad.

"How are you?" He spoke and I looked at him in shock, I didn't know how to answer, not having expected that question. When I didn't answer, he sighed a large sigh, "Little Belle, how are you?" He asked again.

I studied him for another second, he was deadly serious, although it confused me, I thought it best to answer him, "I'm good." I answered truthfully and quickly.

He nodded briefly, smiling so small that I hardly noticed it. "Do they treat you well?" He asked and I tilted my head in confusion. He noticed, and with a small smile, he said, "Your friends? Do they treat you well?" and I nodded furiously, "Good," he mumbled to himself, and the confusion inside of me grew unbearable.

"What are you going to do to me?" I asked, and he noticed the tremble in my voice, he noticed my fear, and instead of laughing, his eyes turned full of sadness.
"I'm sorry this happened to you little Belle." He said so quietly, afraid of people listening in. "I'm sorry I never stood in when they hurt you, and I really am sorry that I hurt you too." He said sadly, and I noticed the tears in his eyes.

I could hardly breathe in shock and confusion, what was happening? Was this real? "Why are you saying this?" I stumbled out, tears rushing out of my wide eyes.

"Because they want me to kill you." He said loudly, tears running down his cheeks. I gasped. Standing up and backing to the locked door, when I hit it, I collapsed into a ball on the ground. I started gasping for air, panicking more than I ever had.

My parents wanted me dead.

"Belle! Please stop!" He said urgently, but I couldn't, I was hyperventilating and gasping for air, if he didn't kill me, the lack of oxygen certainly would.

"Get away from me!" I screamed out and he looked at me in horror, I was curled up in a ball, more vulnerable than ever, but he didn't hit me or curse me. He just watched me in pain.

"Belle, I'm not going to do it, I can't" he said and I lifted my head to look at him, he was serious. "They want me too, but I can't. I don't know what to do." He mumbled and I didn't know what to say or do.

"I forgive you Lucius," I began and he looked at me wide-eyed, "But," I said, pausing for dramatic effect, "I swear to Merlin, if you come anywhere near me ever again, I will kill you with my own bloody hands." I growled and I saw an odd expression on his face, but he nodded quickly.

He unlocked the door, and I ran out of the room, going to find Remus, so I could cry for a few hours.