81

I studied every little detail of the halls and different rooms we went into, and in my mind, I was creating a map of the building, so hopefully I would never get lost.
We left the building and I grew more and more excited. "For the first couple of days youll be working with the much smaller or baby dragons, this is because we need to know what level you're at and if you work well with dragons. Hopefully if all is well, we might introduce you to some of the tame large dragons, but if not you will stick with the smaller ones for the duration of your stay. Every day is different here, we never know what is going to happen." Arthur began talking to me and I listened as eagerly and I took in as much as I possibly could.
"So, for example we have fights between dragons, or there can be illnesses, deaths and births. We haven't got to the stage in research where we can predict what will happen. But, we have experts and scientists trying there best to understand the nature of these creatures." I listened eagerly, I was annoyed that I wouldn't get straight into the serious work, but I understood and working with the baby dragons was honestly better than nothing, so I was still very excited.

"This is where you will be working tomorrow." Arthur said, opening a gate into a large arena, I looked around in shock, once we entered the dome-like arena, there was small dragons flying around in the sky above, and little baby dragons running around excitedly on the floor. "Nothing in here can really harm you that much." Arthur said, expecting me to be nervous or scared, but when he looked over at me, he was immediately stunned.

I was kneeling down and about five baby dragons were all playing with me. It was adorable and I looked at them in pure happiness, I was finally living my dream, and I was ecstatic.

"That's odd." I was ripped from my thoughts as I heard a new voice, I stood up carefully, to see a large man, studying me carefully.

"Oh hello Theo." Arthur said, reminding me that I was not alone. "Bella, this is Theo, he is going to be your tutor for the time you are here, he is in charge of this area and knows what he's doing." Arthur introduced us.

"Nice to meet you," I began and Theo smiled a small smile, before he could talk I asked, "Now, may I ask, what is odd?" and that's when he grinned.

"Dragons aren't the most trustworthy creatures, and I have never seen one, not even a baby, treat you the way they are." And I looked down at my feet to see another seven or so had joined the original five, and they were all playing and trying to gain my attention.

"Is that bad?" I asked and he chuckled.

"No, not at all, its just unusual." He once again grew serious, and I could tell he was lost in thought.

"Well Theo, I need to show Bella around before nightfall." Arthur said after a moment of awkward silence.

"Ah alright, well I expect to see you here, promptly after breakfast tomorrow morning." Theo said before turning and running off.

"He's a nice fella, bit odd, but nonetheless he's alright." Arthur said and I simply nodded before following him out of the arena, which turned out to be more difficult than intended, because of the baby dragons who were trying to follow me.